beat it.

Addison's POV:

I sit on Crystal's bed with a strong urge to cry as I fill her in on everything. Needless to say, she was shocked to hear of Luke's behavior and almost didn't believe it.

I myself am still trying to make sense of Luke's behavior considering I've never seen him so unreasonably angry. Hell, he's gotten pretty angry before but he was absolutely furious with me.

For no damn reason.

I'm so confused by it all and wish I could make sense of it. I've tried to put myself in Luke's shoes and justify his words but it would only make me angrier by the second.

How is it fair for him to take out his anger on me?

Who is he to tell me that I need to abandon my brother and leave him to fend for his own?

"Has he texted you or anything?" Crystal asks.

I sigh as I shake my head, "He broke his phone when he found out my brother was a part of it all."

Crystal's eyes widen in shock as she looks at me like I have five heads, "You're kidding me."

"I wish I was," I say closing my eyes and leaning my head back. "I'm telling you, I don't recognize this Luke."

Crystal attempts to put all the pieces together as she nods her head slowly and asks, "And it's all because of something your brother did?"

"That and the fact that I'm helping him," I say my eyes remaining shut. "He doesn't like the fact that I'm trying to get Chasen a good lawyer in order to decrease his sentence or at least not make it as brutal as they probably are planning on making it."

I open my eyes to see Crystal's reaction to just see her staring off. I'm sure she's attempting to see both sides of it which I'm appreciative of. I'd love to hear more about why someone would be in favor of Luke's reaction. Right now, I couldn't see him as being anymore wrong.

"Am I a horrible person for trying to help my brother?" I ask her knowing she'll tell me the truth.

Crystal's always been up front with me and will always tell me the truth. This is the main reason I come to her for advice considering she offers opinions from both sides and they're always very logical.

"No, not at all, your brother's extremely lucky to have a sister like you who cares about him so much," she says making me practically sigh of relief to hear her tell me this. "But I also get why Luke has a slight inclination towards not wanting you to help your brother."

My shoulders slump and even though I don't want to hear it, I know I need to. I need to hear Luke's side in a way where he's not yelling at me.

"Don't get me wrong, I find it admirable how much you love and respect your brother. He's so lucky to have you and it's clear how much you care about the people you love," she says turning to me so she's looking at me completely.

I shoot her a soft smile, appreciative of her words.

"But you also have to understand Luke worked his ass off all those years to get his brother free from something he never did in the first place. Imagine if Luke wasn't able to help him and they never found that evidence," Crystal says softly as I keep up with her words. "It must be hard for him to know that someone's working equally as hard to help the person that let another man be locked up for his actions."

It kills me knowing that Chasen was the reason Jack was locked up. After having met Jack and really liking him, it sucks to know my brother was the reason for his pain. Especially because I know my brother can be a jackass and Jack truly is a harmless guy.