staring.

"So you just left him?"

Rolling my eyes after having told this story for the tenth time, I say, "No Cal, I did not just leave him. He decided to end the dinner and then offered to get me an uber home."

"So then after that you left him?"

"I mean I guess," I say considering he was technically right but it's not how he's putting it out to be. "But he initiated it and clearly wanted me gone."

"And you didn't tell me this last night, why?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I take a sip from my coffee and say, "Because I had just got done explaining it to Luke and-"

I cut myself off immediately realizing I had just spoke of Professor Hemmings by his first name. Calum immediately shoots up an eyebrow making sure I know damn well that he caught my mess up.

"Luke?"

"No one," I attempt to brush off.

"Who's Luke?" he asks, pushing me further as he smirks ear to ear.

"It's no one Cal," I say practically smacking myself in the head for the slip up.

"Clearly someone considering you were hanging out with him as soon as you left Bryant."

"I didn't leave Bryant Calum," I say getting frustrated considering he knows damn well he's pushing my buttons. "It was just my professor I bumped into who saw I didn't have a ride home and offered me a ride."

"A professor you refer to by their first name?"

"No I just, it slipped, I don't know," I say knowing I make absolutely no sense. "I don't get what the big deal is."

"Which professor is it?"

Giving him a look, I ask, "What does it matter? You don't know any of my professors anyway."

"I know the professor that sits in here everyday that you stare at for the majority of the time that we're here," Calum says making my mouth drop open.

That is not true in the slightest. I mean hell, at least I don't think it's true? But why would he have said that otherwise?

"What was it? Professor Hemmings?"

"How do you even know that?" I ask shocked that he knows him by name.

"You're always talking about him," Calum says sipping his coffee with raised eyebrows. "Not to mention, starting at him."

I give him a look as my cheeks no doubt redden, I shake my head and say, "I do not."

"You do too," Calum says with a smirk as he places his coffee down and crosses his arms over his chest. "I've noticed you check like ten times to see if he's come yet."

How the hell does he notice these kind of things? Here I was thinking Calum is the least observant person to ever step foot on this earth when in reality he's been picking up on everything I've been saying or doing.

"You're overthinking it," I say.

"Am I?"

"Yes, now let's drop it because knowing you and your loud mouth, he's going to walk in and hear us," I say looking towards the door once more to see if he's anywhere in sight.

I don't know why I'm so anxious for him to come today. It's as if a part of me wonders why he's not here yet. But why should I care? It's not like it'll make a difference if he is here. He'll still sit at the table a few from us and do that crossword as he reads over each line carefully.