7

“What” I say annoyed and turned to see Haechan only a couple of inches away. I take a couple of steps back to separate us. All he does is walk closer, not breaking his stare.

“What are you?” He grips my wrist.

“W- what do you mean" I stutter out.

“You are obviously not human.” He says tightening his grip. “if you were, you would be crying because of the pain"

“Are you crazy.” I say getting aggravated and angry. “Just let me go.”

“Tell what you are first.” He says aggravation rising in his tone and his grip getting tighter and tighter.

“Just let me go.” I say trying to pry his hand off my wrist. “I don't know what you uh mean.”

“JUST TELL ME" he says yelling with aggravation. Gripping my arm tighter and still not losing eye contact.
I didn't even notice he tightened his grip more because of his eyes. They changed just like the guy from the restaurant. Except they were prettier.

“You're eyes” I raise my free hand instinctively pointing at his eyes.

“Wha-“ he let’s go of my arm and moves my hand away.

“Nevermind. I’ll find out myself” he says as he turns and as starts  to walk away. Leaving me in a confused state, not knowing what he meant.

After standing there wondering what he was talking about. I decide just to go to back to my apartment and apologize to Katherine. When I got there she was already asleep. I went to my room and plopped down on my bed and close my eyes.

“What are we gonna do with her.”

I hear a voice say but all I see is black. It sounds like mom. Shes talking to someone. She sounds young but sad.

“We cant take care of her. Just take her with you. Shes not meant to be with us. She needs to be with her kind"

“I cant take her with me  She is not like us. Please just take her. Im not going to lose her too. I already lost her mother during birth.”

I don’t recognize this voice though. Who is it. What are they talking about.

“What do you mean shes not like you.?”

“She was only born half because your sister was human. Please just  take her. I’m begging you. If she comes with me they will kill her"

“Fine but only because shes my sisters baby. But what do we do with her. What about her food. Can she eat regular food. And what if she has some powers like you do"

“I don’t know. There is a doctor I have been talking to since we found out Kris was pregnant. He says that he might be able to come up with a type of medication for her to hide her hunger and powers. But it won’t hide them forever"

“Well where do I get it from. If you want her to live here  Shes going to need it for as long as we can hide it.”

“I’ll live a monthly supply in the mail box in the first of every month. If you need more call. Just don’t let know one know about her. I just want her to live a normal life.”

“I know  I’ll try. What will you do if one day we can no longer hide it though”

“I haven't figured that out yet. I’ll let you know when it happens. But I have to go now before something happens. Just take care of her.”

“I will. I promise. But if she hurts someone thats it. I’m done.”

“Okay. Thats fine. Let me get going”

I can here the man say as he gets closer to me.

I’ll see you again. I promise.” He kisses my forehead and I can feel the tears drip down on my skin from his chin.

"Thank you for everything. I know you will do great with her. Just please keep her safe."

"I will. I promise."

"Okay. Bye Sam."

"Bye Erike"

Once I hear the door click shut. I open my eyes and I'm in my room.