(Chapter 1)

Y/N POV:

"Oi, you alive in there?" Sayuri, my current foster carer knocked on my door before poking her head into the room. A groan came from the bed making her chuckle.

"Come on, get up." I glared at her as she walked over to the blackout curtains, grabbing onto them, but holding them in place.

"What are you doing" I mumbled, furrowing my eyebrows. All she did was send a menacing smirk my way.

"please no." I tried to beg but it came out as a whisper.

I knew my fate was sealed when she completely blanked me, turning away and ripping them open, causing blinding sunlight to flood into the messy room without warning.

"AHH SAYURI WHAT THE -"

"Don't finish that sentence" Sayuri stated, stomping back out the room.

"fuck." I grumbled under my breath. I'd been under Sayuri's care for about a year and a half, which was a new record actually since I was constantly living in different foster homes all over Japan throughout my life. I was 6 when I got put into my first foster family, and the feeling of being abandoned blurred my sense of reality. I would take all of the rage of my mother leaving me out on the people that cared for me, even though it wasn't my mums fault, I felt like that was the only way to get through it. After a while, I began thinking straight again, understanding her death wasn't an act of cruelty from her to me, and I understood that my life was never going to be the same without her embrace and caring features but I had to be strong. Sayuri is extremely thoughtful for putting up with me, and I couldn't help but feel that I had to make her proud for the piles of support she has gave me. Enough of the sad stuff now though, it was my time to become the undeniable hero I was destined to be!

THUD!

I rolled out of bed, hitting my face against the wood floor. I reached up and grabbed my phone to check the time. 6:00AM. I sighed and pushed myself up from the ground, rubbing my head from where I hit it. Great start Y/N. I had no effort until a thought rushed back to my mind, HOLY SHIT I HAVE MY ENTRANCE EXAM FOR UA TODAY! I wave of excitement spread over me as I ran to get ready, throwing on a sports bra, black vest and leggings to match. I cannot believe today is the day I can prove myself.

What if I make a fool of myself?
What if I don't get accepted?
What if they don't think I'm good enough?

I can't mess this up. I've trained myself for this for so long, it cant go wrong. As a coping mechanism I trained in martial arts as it was a way to remove any unwanted feelings like anger, but it always ends up taking most of my spare time. I trained in Judo for 6 years in Hosu city when moving around but ended coming back to where I was born, Musutafu, Japan. Now I train with my Sensei who I've been learning from for about 3 years.

"Y/NNNNNN" Sayuri screams, snapping me immediately out of my thoughts. "COME AND GET BREAKFAST!"

I roll my eyes, throwing my H/L, H/C into a high ponytail (A/N: or style however you want if you have short hair) and wandering downstairs, following the sweet smell coming from the kitchen. My E/C eyes light up seeing the plate of pancakes waiting for me on the counter.

"You are actually the best." I speak up while shoving a bit of syrup laced pancake into my mouth.

"Are you talking to me or the pancake?" Sayuri questions sweetly, looking over to see you enjoying your food.

"Both" I mumble with my cheeks full of pure joy.

"Well, are you excited for the entrance exam?"

"Yeah I am, but I'm also quite nervous" I look down and think about everything that could go wrong. "I just don't want to screw this up."

"You could do no such thing, you've trained harder than anyone to get into UA." Sayuri perks up trying to lighten my spirt. "I'm proud of you either way."

"Thankyou Sayuri" You smile gently, "anyway I better head off, I don't want to be late."

"Good luck sweetheart, you'll crush it!" Sayuri said, watching you head out the door.