(Chapter 21)

"Ow.. ow... OW!" I winced as the nurse wrapped bandages around the now stitched wound on my arm, my body slightly pulling away as her grip got tighter.

"Y/N sit still, she'll get it done quicker if you stop pulling away." Iida instructed from the other side of the room and I just grumbled in response. Iida, Todoroki, Midoriya and I shared a hospital room together after the accident since all of the other rooms were taken up and we didn't mind. The nurse finished up and wandered out of the room.

"She was gripping tight on purpose." I pouted, running my fingers over the fresh bandages. During the incident, I received two fractured ribs and stitches to my arm along with many bruises and scratches that littered my figure but I was quite lucky since it could have been a lot worse. At least the injuries I sustained weren't as bad as Iida's or Midoriya's. Midoriya messed up his leg with a fracture and a break, Iida broke both his arms.

I was filled in on what happened with Stain and the three boys, completely gobsmacked with how everything played out.

"What happened with you?" Todoroki questioned.

"Well Edge shot went after a Nomu while I was helping people evacuate and we got split up. Then this Nomu started attacking people in the streets so I made it attack me instead of everyone else so they could escape." I shrugged. "Motherfucker threw me into a wall."

"And you were on your own?" Iida tilted his head, slightly shocked that you just threw yourself into danger.

"That's super brave of you Y/N." Todoroki complimented.

"Thanks Todoroki." I gave a small smile which he returned.

I sat back on my bed that was next to Iida's and across from Midoriya's. The door clicking open grasped everyone's attention and an extremely tall man walked in? An extremely tall dog walked in? He was followed by Gran Torino, the pro Iida was interning with and Edge shot. I immediately averted my eyes to looking away since I knew I was probably going to be in trouble for not following his orders and getting myself involved resulting in my injuries. Out of respect, the four of us raised from our beds after finding out the man was the chief of the Hosu police precinct, Mr. Tsuragamae Kenji.

"Don't worry you can remain seated. I know you had it quite ruff." He spoke but gave a little bark at the end of his sentence, which I found myself mildly confused at. Todoroki and I remained stood, whereas Iida and Midoriya sat back down because of the damage.

"Y/N." Edge shot spoke up and I snapped my view up to him. "May I speak to you while Kenji speaks to your classmates regarding the Hero killer."

"Sure." I complied, giving a little nod to the other boys before exiting after Edge Shot. Since I wasn't concerned with Stain, I wasn't allowed to be there when they discussed the consequences and I had to give a separate report about the Nomu I faced.

"You were reckless." Edge shot brutally stated.

"I know, I'm so sorry for the trouble." I bowed my head towards him, my breathing becoming heavy.

"Why didn't you just leave like everyone else!" He glanced at me.

"I couldn't." I bit my bottom lip in an attempt to fight the tears brimming in my eyes. "I just couldn't... I saw people nearly get killed by that thing. If I didn't do anything, they'd probably be seriously injured, dead even."

"But now you're injured!" He motioned towards the bandages that littered my limbs.

"Isn't that what a hero does!" I snapped and spoke quickly, overwhelming tears pouring from my eyes and down my cheeks like rainfall. "I put them before myself because that is what a hero does! I'd much rather take a beating than stand by helpless, because at the end of the day, I did what I had to do to save them. I'd... I'd feel much worse if I let people die." My emotions were catching up to me from the previous day. Since everything happened so quickly, I found myself struggling to keep up and the image of the sinister brute causing havoc tattooed my mind, its lifeless eyes glaring into me as it slammed me to the floor. I was letting my feelings empty out as I couldn't control my body from shaking profusely and triggering tears down my face... I just wanted one person by my side... Katsuki. I wrapped my arms around my torso and squeezed for a sense of comfort and an attempt to calm down but the panic and emotions made my vision blurred from tears.