(Chapter 16)

Katsuki's POV:

I finished off my match with that shitty haired loser and left the arena's centre through one of the side tunnels. I kept my hands shoved in my tracksuit pockets and I glanced up to see Y/N smiling and skipping up to me.

"You were awesome Katsuki!" She grinned, imitating one of my attacks from the match.

"Of course I was."

She rolled her eyes and lent her back against the wall. She looked nervous but it seemed like she was trying to cover it up with a happy smile, but I could see right through her. I leaned my back against the wall next to her and we listened to the chatter and cheers erupting from the audience outside. I nearly didn't notice the bead of sweat on her forehead because of her H/C resting gently down her back and shoulders. Her breathing became slightly heavier when she heard Present Mic start talking to the spectating crowd.

I grabbed her much smaller hand and twisted around in front of her, pulling her into a comforting hug.

"You got this, okay." I spoke gently towards her. She's the only person I'd ever act like this around. "Go kick his fucking ass." I smirked and she nodded, seemingly with a bit more confidence than before. She clenched her fists and determination glistened from her E/C eyes as I pulled away, it was adorable.

*********

I made it back to the spectators booth with the rest of the class and I took a seat on the end, folding my arms over one another.

"NEXT MATCH IS THE TWO OF THE MOST RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED STUDENTS IN OUR HEROICS COURSE!" Present Mic once again introduced "SHOTO TODOROKI VS Y/N L/N!"

They both walked into bounds facing each other with determination. That half and half bastard seemed way too laid-back with his hands in his pockets, to say he was about to be in a battle. His manner looked like he was underestimating her.

"START."

A blast of ice was shot across the ground towards the H/C haired girl but she dodged with ease, teleporting right in front of his and began throwing swift and strong punches and kicks. It was simple hand to hand combat until Y/N thrusted her knee into his stomach and swept his feet from under him and he fell to the dirt floor. He got back up and shot continuous shards of ice at her but he couldn't focus on one place when she constantly swapped location making it unpredictable and extremely difficult to hit. The audience's eyes darted back and forth trying to keep up with Y/N and her quick movements.

Todoroki stood still, waiting for the right opportunity. Y/N appeared a few feet in front of him and he didn't hesitate to slam his foot into the ground and produced a giant wave of ice, similar to the one in Sero's match against him but even bigger.

The echo of the audience's gasp bounced around the arena as the powerful ice engulfed the petite girl and I felt my chest tighten in shock. I instantly shot up to my feet and gripped onto the barrier around the classes spectator booth. I scanned over the situation intently, growling in anger and hoping to see her show up.

It had been at least 30 seconds and there was no sign of her...

The audience was eerily quiet, waiting in anticipation and fearing the worst.

Come on Y/N... Beat this guy....

Y/N's POV:

Everything was clear until I heard a crackle erupt from the ground and I was engulfed in darkness and extremely cold conditions. I froze in place, unable to breath and I struggled through the sharp pain of ice burn against my skin. I panicked from the enclosed situation and screamed out, my voice cracking against my throat. I felt like my eyes were glued shut and salty tears brimmed in them.