(Chapter 17)

Y/N's POV:

My eyes fluttered open gently and I felt like i'd been asleep for years. The sound of cheering and celebration rang through the whole building as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. I rubbed my hand over my previously scratched and burned arms to find no injuries what so ever and I sighed in relief. The room was empty so I decided to join my classmates back in the arena.

I pushed the door to class 1-As spectator booth open softly and wandered in to find my friends talking and chatting amongst themselves.

"Hey Y/N!" Kirishima noticed me first and called out to me, attracting everyone else's attention to me.

"Are you feeling better?!"

"That attack was crazy! I can't believe you managed to escape it!"

"How bad were your injuries?!"

I gripped onto the bottom of my jacket as a nervous habit, slightly overwhelmed by the questions. I answered as best as I could and settled down the class.

"We went down to the recovery bay to see you, but recovery girl told us to leave you alone since you'd be really tired." Ochaco said.

"Thanks guys." I smiled to them and they returned it.

"Are you going to be okay for your match against Bakugou?" Mina questioned, concerned for my state. So Bakugou won against Tokoyami...

I was still really drained from the healing process but I didn't want anyone to worry so I kept it quiet.

"Yeah I'll be fine." I nodded. "Where's Katsuki anyway?"

"He was pouting because Recovery girl wouldn't let him see you after his match, so he is in the waiting room." Mina giggled and I just snickered at my hot-headed boyfriend.

The teachers had given us 30 minutes to recover from our previous fights but I still felt utterly drained and light-headed from Recovery girl's healing, which was a drawback of her quirk. The half an hour flew by and I felt no improvement but there was nothing that I could do due to Present Mic introducing us once again for the final battle.

I sluggishly walked into bounds, very tired but I knew that'd I would just have to put up with it. I knew Katsuki wouldn't accept first place if I just gave in, so I decided to participate again for a him.

"WE REACH THE FINALE AT LAST! THE TOP STUDENTS AMONG YUUEI'S FRESHMAN CLASS WILL BE DECIDED RIGHT HERE! OUR FINAL MATCH- Y/N VS BAKUGOU!!"

I cheekily smiled at the blonde boy in front of me, sticking my tongue out slightly. He just looked back at me with his eyebrows furrowed and his crimson eyes laced with concern, he must've noticed my worn out state but I continued to put on a happy face so we'd have a good fight.

"START!"

I sprinted at him, increasing speed and teleporting half way, propelling myself forward at a faster pace and kicked his stomach with as much force as possible. He felt the impact and winced, stumbling backwards. He set of crackles of explosions from his palm and blasted it into my side.

My foot dug into the ground to stop myself from being knocked out of bounds and I went right back at him. I threw a punch but it was a lot slower than usual and that caught Katsuki's attention when he gripped the inside of my arm and flipped me onto the floor with a thud and I gasped from the floor smacking my back. He hovered over me and glared down at me, his hands gripping onto my wrists with a lot of strength.

"Oi, you're not fully recovered are you? You shouldn't be fighting!" He growled, pissed off that I was straining myself. I ignored his question and warped away from him, standing in a fight stance a few feet away. I felt bullets of sweat drip down my temple, my hands clenched into fists. I was going to attempt to teleport him out of bounds without touching him, but my mind couldn't concentrate from the dizzy spells rushing through my brain and over my body.

He bolted at my figure again, explosions pushing him forward. He reached me at a ridiculous speed and raised his hands, a stun explosion setting off and blurring my vision. I teleported behind him as a defensive technique but teleporting again made everything worse, my head spinning powerfully, my body hunching over weakly. I heard him running at me again, but there wasn't any explosions. I glanced up at him and he hooked his arm onto my jacket and tried to push me out of bounds.

He wasn't fully attacking me...

He wanted to knock me out of bounds....

So he wouldn't hurt me...

I tried to not give in, I warped myself away just in time but as soon as I landed in the new location, it was like my conscious had run off. I collapsed to the floor harshly, my body falling limp and darkness consumed my view, my eyes finally resting...

Katsuki's POV:

I heard the audience gasp collectively and I twisted to see Y/N collapsing to the ground from fatigue. My eyes widened at the sight of her body falling unconscious, and I attempted to run over to her until Midnight, raised her hand as a sign for me to stop. She checked over Y/N and confirmed that she was unconscious.

no...

that wasn't how it was supposed to go!

It should have been a fair fucking fight! They knew she was injured in the last match against that half and half BASTARD, BUT THEY LET HER FIGHT ANYWAY. AND NOW Y/N IS HURT BECAUSE OF THEM.

I stomped past midnight and lent down next to Y/N, I lifted her up gently and her arms and legs hooked around my torso, her head softly leaning against my shoulder and her now messy hair drooping over her face. I brushed it away from her cheeks and the medics attempted to take her from my arms.

"Hands off!" I snapped, scaring one of the medics slightly. "I'll take her to the fucking medical bay myself."

"Bakugou, let the medics take her to get checked up." Midnight paced over to us, her tone soft.

"NO, YOU ALL OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, THATS WHY SHE'S FUCKING LIKE THIS! YOU KNEW SHE WAS INJURED AND LET HER FIGHT ANYWAY!" I shouted furious, anger evident in every word. "YOU ALL OBVIOUSLY-" My mind began to feel hazy, and strong but sweet scent taking over the air as Midnight showed some of her arm through a rip in her costume, a purple gas penetrating through. She took Y/N from my arms and put her on a stretcher and I had no energy to fight back, my feet dropping from under me and I fell to the floor in a deep sleep...