Chapter 18

Justin Kirsch Fissolo Jimenez

Boring.

Tch.

Enrollment period is boring and uneventful as usual. Buti nalang tinutulungan kami ng varsity office para kumuha ng subjects. They save us from all the hassle of hunting down classes.

I just finished enlisting the last subject that will complete my units for this sem. 

Art Studies. Boring class. But I had no choice.

"JK!" nilingon ko kung sino ang tumawag sakin.

It was Vonn. He was already in his training clothes just like me.

I don't know if coach just hates us or if he thinks we're slacking off that he just had to schedule a training during enrollment week. Akala ko pa naman walang training hanggang next week. I was looking forward to playing with King before I get busy with class and soccer.

"What?" I asked as I put my gym bag at the back of my Jeep.

"Kumpleto na subjects mo?" he asked as he also put his gym bag in my car.

"What are you doing?"

"Sabay ako sayo papuntang gym." he said while laughing.

He didn't even ask my permission but he wouldn't be Vonn if he did.

"So? Kumpleto mo na nga?"

I simply nodded. I'm having a hard time talking to him because of his red hair. Hindi parin ako sanay kahit dalawang linggo nang ganun ang buhok niya. I still remember how he lost our bet this summer. Kaitlin and I had to drag him to the salon for it. Hah.

"Where's your Dodge?" tanong ko pagkasakay namin sa sasakyan ko. I started my car and drove to the gym.

"Casa." he simply answered.

He was busy fidling with his hair. "This fucking hair is too bright. Lahat ng tao nililingon ako kanina. Pucha."

Natawa ako dito. "Then you should've played poker better. "

Buti nalang talaga magaling ako sa poker. That would have been me with the red hair if I lost.

"Akala ko hindi seryoso yung punishment eh."

"You know Kaitlin. She can make you jump off a bridge and just laugh in the end." I explained.

I have a great sister but she could also be really evil if she wants to. Maraming takot sa kanya. And they're right to be scared. She's one intimidating woman.

Pagkarating namin sa gym, pumunta na kami sa kung saan mag-mimeeting ang team. Coach congratulated us for our achievement last year before discussing the things that we should improve on this year. After the meeting, we went back to the field for our training.

Damn. Sobrang init ngayong araw. If not for my mother being paranoid and forcing me to put on some expensive sunscreen and skin protection shit, siguro sobrang itim ko na ngayon. Sobrang paranoid niya na magkaroon daw ako ng skin cancer dahil lagi akong nasa arawan dahil sa soccer.

Our practice game was almost over. Pagkatapos nito pauuwiin na kami ni coach. I was doing my best since I really wanted to go home early. Jackson passed the ball to me. 

I was now in control of it and I was determine to make a goal. I saw an opening and hit the ball hard pero biglang may babae na tinamaan.

What the fuck?

Where did that lady come from? At bakit siya nasa gitna ng soccer field?

I saw her hold the side of her head that was hit by the ball. The entire team stopped and just looked at her.