< two >

~edited~

2 A.M

I was running.
And running.
And running.

Until I felt my legs give up on me and sat on the nearest bench. I wiped the sweat off of my face and chest as I took my phone out my pocket and went on Snapchat. A few of my friends from back home were up so I snapped some of them, soon dozing off from the real world, but I snapped back into reality when I heard someone approaching.

"You're here again." I saw a shadow in the little light there was.

"I'll probably be here a lot, to be honest." I chuckled.

"I'm Chase by the way. I never got your name." He scooted a bit closer to me, now only about a foot away from me.

"That's because I never gave it to you." I shut off my phone, looking up at him. He wasn't much taller, maybe two or three inches.

"C'mon, don't be like that. You know my name, it's only fair that I know yours."

"It's Cheryl. Cher, for short."

"That's a pretty name." He said.

"Thank you." I felt a smile creep onto my face "So, Chase, tell me about yourself." I looked into his captivating blue eyes.

"Only if you agree to tell me something about you in return," I nodded "Well, I'm 17, 18 in May. I was born in Stockton and I'm really into fashion. What about you?"

"I'm 17 too, my birthdays in November. I'm from New York, but moved here about three days ago." I fiddled with my fingers. I was always a bit nervous talking to new people, but I had promised myself I'd change once I moved here.

I put my hands on my lap and straightened my posture, turning towards Chase.

"What part of New York? And why'd you move?" He asked me, turning towards me a bit more.

"Some stuff happened back in New York and my dad thought I needed a change of scenery. He also got a better job here, but it was mainly because of me." I chuckled to myself a little bit "And I'm from Brooklyn."

"You don't sound like you're from Brooklyn." He laughed. "Do you miss your friends?"

"Some of them. A lot of them were fake so I'm glad I don't have to deal with them anymore, but there are a good ten people that I miss right now besides my family." I shrugged.

"What school do you go to?" I asked him.

"San Marino high school." My jaw dropped slightly "That's the school I'm going too!" I said, maybe a bit too cheerful.

"I hope I'll see you around then. When do you start?"

"Next Monday." I said. It was currently Friday so there were only a few more days left until I started school. I was a bit nervous since this would be the fourth high school I'm going to and my fourth and final year.

We continued talking for a few more hours until we realized our parents would probably be worried about us. Mainly his since my dad doesn't really worry, or care too much about me and my whereabouts.

Before I left he asked for my number and Snapchat, which I gave him although I was a bit hesitant at first. After all this is only the second time we've talked and both times were at the beach in the middle of the night.

»

I woke up the following morning to my dad yelling my name. I rubbed my eyes as I checked my phone seeing that it was only nine in the morning.

"Cher, you have to go to your new school today!" He yelled. I completely forgot about that.

I walked towards the boxes scattered across the room since I've hardly unpacked anything. I grabbed a long sleeve turtleneck and wore a band tee over that, paired with some back mom jeans and beat up vans.

"I'm ready!" I yelled, walking towards the kitchen. "Olivia's going to take you, I have to go to work." My dad said as he handed me a fifty and then walked out the door.

"Let's go." Olivia said. I looked at her outfit and couldn't help but laugh a little bit. She was wearing a snakeskin bag, bright pink furry slides, a bright blue dress and some pink sunglasses.

For someone who spends so much money on clothes, she did not know how to dress.

"What do you think of my outfit?" She asked me, doing a little twirl. The fuck was she, seven?

"It's very.. bright." I sighed. She's definitely going to draw attention to me with an outfit like that.

A/N:

I did not edit this and I'm half asleep but realized I needed to update lmao hope you guys enjoyed xx

Word count: 805