F O U R T E E N

F O U R T E E N

Percy floated around the magnificent city, admiring how every building seemed to glow in a bioluminescent color, it was as if the city itself was alive, there were multiple bridges that seemed to be suspended mid air, as if disobeying the laws of gravity, this whole city was one big proof and places a curve ball in Newtons law of gravity and all of that stuff, it disobeys all laws of physics as if it was made to oppose it.

Percy randomly floated around, passing a few people who were wearing different kind of robes, blue, red, green, grey, those were the robes that Percy mostly saw, the demigod wondered if the robes meant any significance, like if it was a ranking of power or how higher up your status is in the city, though Percy didn't linger on it for too long and kept floating around, letting himself get immersed into the beauty of everything really.

Percy came to a halt as a building maybe four to five stories high and the width of ten trucks stood in the demigods way. Percy gave off a small shrug and instantly entered, deactivating his powers over water and walked around the building. The floor was made out of clean and polished marble with multiple pillars made out of chiseled stone, the pillars were filled with intricate designs and carvings representing symbols of some sorts.

The inside was much bigger than the outside. The building bustled with life, as multiple other people were wandering through the desks and asking the lady or man behind the desk, the demigod sighed, it was a very confusing system indeed. Percy walked at a stranger in a slight awkward position whilst holding his shield as if it was his own life, though it probably was, it was one of the one things that could save Percy's life at almost anything.

"U-um excuse me sir, but w-what is this place?" Percy asked stuttering a little. A man with a black fedora wearing a blue rob turned towards Percy with a raised eyebrow.

"Aren't you too young to be wandering the streets?" The man asked, Percy inwardly groaned.

"What age do I look like to you?" Percy asked afraid of the answer.

"Fourteen, fifteen or maybe even sixteen." The man said with a shrug, the demigod groaned this time for real.

"I'm twenty one, now what is this place?" Percy asked trying to avoid the question about his age, most likely the element of water made Percy had a semi youthful appearance. Though it was still recognizable as Percy, he did seem to age backward as if doing a reverse puberty.

"Oh, sorry young man, but this is the registrar." The man stated.

"You mean like in schools?" Percy asked.

"Not like in schools, it has a name, though it is best described as a registrar, the name of this building is Magical Info Status, or MIF for short." The man stated, Percy gave off a small nod.

"What do you do here?" Percy asked.

"Well, you go over to there." The man said pointing at a desk where a woman stood waiting for the next customer.

"You either sign yourself in and get these type of cards." The man said rummaging through his robes, he pulled out a small plastic card that seemed to glow in a blue color. The card had a name and a picture along with an info and the status of the man in the city. 

"Or if you already signed up, you can check your, um how do you call this, stats, it basically measures how powerful you are, the more powerful you are, the higher up you move in the rankings, Gray is for beginners, Green is for mediocre, Blue is for skilled, Red is for professional, and if you're the best of the best, you get a violet, which signifies you're one of the most powerful in the whole city, so far I've never seen a violet in all of my life, but there is an even higher ranking than that, gold, it means you're the most powerful one in the whole of existence to date." The man said with a small smile. Percy nodded a little.