The Wild Hunt

I let out a chuckle as Stiles winced when the medic put a cast of him. I laughed even harder when he glared at me. "It was your plan dumbass."

"My plan?" He raised his eyebrow. "If I recall correctly, we all-"

I stop him. "I had nothing to do with this plan. You dragged my out of bed for this."

"What in the hell were you two thinking?" Mr. Stilinski said walking towards us.

Stiles motions at me. "What about her?"

"I know Autumn would never willingly do something like this." He told him.

I smiled at him before glaring my eyes at Stiles again. "At least someone understands."

"We were just trying to help." Scott said.

"Why don't you try and help me understand what the hell happened here?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"Right, well, we were trying to gently persuade him to pull over." Stiles says.

I scoff. "Gently."

"I said gently." Stiles ignores me. Mr. Stilinski looked at the two boys.

"He was getting away." Scott said trying to make the situation better.

"He got away." He said.

"Right." Stiles started. "Because obviously he's some sort of criminal mastermind, Dad."

"Uh-huh." He said not believing his son. He walked toward the back of the van. "You want to guess what the stolen merchandise is? Hmm?"

He heads us over to the back of the van. He opens the doors. In the back are cans full of helium.

"Critical life-saving medical equipment?" Stiles asked.

"No."

"Poison gas?"

"Nope."

"Filled with drugs?"

"Helium." His dad said.

"Helium?" Stiles asked.

I sniffled a chuckle before taking a glance at the two confused teenagers. "You two are idiots."

We walk back to the jeep. Stiles was a little defeated to say the least. Scott was driving while Stiles was sulking in the passengers' seat.

I lean up in between the seats. "This could be a good thing."

"That we saved helium?" Stiles looked at me.

"No." I chuckle. "I meant that they don't need us anymore."

Stiles scoffs. "Okay, well, they need us. They just don't know it."

"We're all going off to college soon." Scott says. "So Beacon Hills is gonna have to survive without us."

"Beacon Hills will burn to the ground without us." Stiles says

"Stiles." Scott said looking at Stiles. "They don't need us."

Stiles cell phone vibrated in his lap. He looked at the screen before leaning up. He looked at us lifting up his phone. His dad was calling. "They need us!"

***

What Stiles meant when he said they needed us, he meant he needed Scott. Liam and Hayden found an 'abandoned' car with a kid in it. Apparently some guy with no face took his parents.

"Alex, you know we're having trouble locating your parents." Mr. Stilinski said leaning down to be eye level with the kid. "And since you can't remember anything, we have a method, an unusual method that might help you remember. But I need you to be okay with it. I also need you to know that it's probably gonna hurt."