Breaking and Entering

Scott and I had just gotten back from Deaton's. I haven't said anything since I was in that tranced place. I think I was starting to freak Scott out considering that he followed me all the way to my room. I take off my shoes before sitting on my bed. Scott pulls my desk chair in front of me.

"Do you want to talk about it? He asked.

"I had a dream last night." I tell him. "It wasn't like the premonitions that I get. I wasn't in control of my body. Like I had to just watch as the scene played out in front of me."

"What was it about?" He asked.

I shake my head. "It was weird. I was in a jeep with some guy I've never seen before, but he knew me. I could just tell by the look in his eyes that he knew everything about me. I thought that it was just some strange dream at first, but at Deaton's I saw him again."

"How?" He asked.

"Whenever I was staring into that light, another dream happened. This time I was teaching him how to slow dance." I tell him. "And I can't help but keep thinking back to what Lydia told me."

Scott leaned forward. "What did she say?"

"That the Arena is trying to tell me something." I answer.

"The question is what is it trying to tell you." He said.

"I think it's trying to get me to remember what the Ghost Riders took from us." I lower my voice some. "I just don't know how to listen."

"Maybe the more you dream about him, the more you'll remember." Scott suggested. "Until then, we'll all keep trying to figure it out as well. Get some sleep okay."

I nod my head. "Goodnight."

***

"Stile, an arrangement of steps that allows people, but not animals, to climb over a fence." Scott says looking at the computer screen in front of him.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the Stiles we're looking for." I tell him.

"Maybe Malia's found something." Scott suggests.

"No." Lydia said from next to me. "She's been taking a make-up test all morning."

"Math?" I ask.

She nods. "Math."

The three of us look at each other when we hear a howl. A coyote howl to be exact.

"I guess the test isn't going well." Lydia said as we get up and rush out of the library.

Scott rushes ahead to the storage supply closet where Malia used to stay on full moons before we switched to the lake house. Lydia's mom and the Sheriff show up. Lydia stops to talk to them while I continue to the closet. I walk down the stairs.

I turn the corner to see Scott making his way towards a shifted Malia. She was cowered in the corner. Her blue eyes shining brightly as she growls at us.

"Malia. It's okay." Scott assured. "You're safe. We're not gonna hurt you."

I turn when I hear footsteps come up behind me. Lydia, Ms. Martin, and the Sheriff walk up towards us.

Scott turns towards them. "I think she's calming down."

Malia lets out a loud growl at his words.

"Yeah. Calm." I tell him.

"Maybe you should growl back?" The Sheriff tells him as Malia's growling intensifies. "Scott, you're the Alpha. Can't you just make her a little more docile?"