Hunted

I let out a yawn as I lean back in the back seat of Chris's SUV. Him and Lydia were in the front while Scott, Malia, and I were in the back. Scott was in between us because neither one of us wanted to sit in the middle. I mean, come one. Who likes to sit in the middle seat? The five of us are waiting from a text from Mason. He's supposed to tell us when he reaches the abandoned lot where Liam and Theo are. The plan is to get Nolan to follow him. He'd obviously tell Monroe that we were hiding out there. Liam and Theo are going to be our distraction, so we can get into Gerard's wearhouse. Chris said that there are around 12 guards in there, but they should leave to go to where Liam and Theo are. When the coast is clear, we can search the warehouse to try to find at least some type of advantage.

I let my mind wander to last night. Scratch the fact that basically for the first time ever, I had to intentionally ignore Stiles' call. I have no idea what to say or what to do, so I just didn't answer. I'm hoping he just thought I was sleeping or something like that. I needed to figure out what to say before talking to him. The thing is I can text him fine because there is no emotions while texting, but he doesn't want to just text. He told me he wants to hear my voice. While on one hand that is extremely cute, it also sucks because he can tell when I'm upset or if there's something wrong. I had thought about just saying that my dad's back in town and that's why I'm so off, but then I'd have to explain why, and I can't do that.

I also had another one of those dreams. It was exactly the same. I was walking down the school hallway trying to find the voice that sounded like Stiles, even though I know it's not him. The same creature popped up again. The same bright, purple eyes and no mouth or skin. I had the same terrified feeling as last time I had the dream, but thankfully when I woke up I didn't have an almost panic attack. I could actually breathe. It got me thinking though. At first I thought that this could be the creature lurking around Beacon Hills, but it didn't look like the thing we saw in the tunnel a few days ago. It carried the same amount of fear, just on a bigger scale. A way bigger scale. The question that keeps popping up is what if this thing that I keep dreaming of is what the creature here now is going to become. Mason and Corey mentioned Deaton knew what this creature was. He claimed once it found it's other half it is nearly impossible to stop.

A phone buzzed, gathering my attention. I turn back to the group to see Lydia taking her phone out of her pocket. "It worked."

"It's about time." Malia perked up. She started to get out when Scott stopped her.

"Wait." Scott grabbed her arm. I was about to question him when it hit my ears. Heartbeats. They we're coming from inside the wearhouse. Which was supposed to be empty , by the way.

"Just what we needed." I grumbled.

"What is it?" Lydia asked.

"Heartbeats." I answer.

"How many?" Chris asked us.

"Ten?" Scott guessed.

Malia shook her head. "More."

"Definitely more." I agree. "There are at least twelve."

"Are we breaking in or not?" Lydia asked when Chris looked at us.

"Not." He answered. "The Armory should be empty by now."

"We can take down a few hunters if we have to." Malia shrugged.

Chris looked at us. "We're dealing with a dozen well-armed hunters who have orders to kill you on sight."

"Then how are we supposed to get inside?" Malia asked.

We all sit in the SUV quiet for a minute trying to come up with something. I see Chris moving from the corner of my eye. I look to see him putting the key in the ignition and turning the SUV on. Malia jumped up and turned it off before jumping to the back seat.