Reunion

These past three months have been a complete hell for me. I have felt miserable and not like myself. Everything was just happening in slow motion. I was just going through the motions and not even feeling anything. I didn't even care if I felt anything either. Then the dreams started happening. In those dreams, I felt like myself. I didn't feel the emptiness that I have been feeling. I felt whole. I felt complete.

When we figured out that someone was missing from our lives, I felt a sort of relief. I felt like that missing person was why I felt so weird. I wanted to remember so bad. I wanted to remember what they looked like and what they acted like. I wanted to know the impact this person had on our lives.

I realized the person I have been dreaming of is the same person we were missing. This person was important to all of us, especially to me. I started to have hope again. That we were going to find them. I was going to feel okay again.

There was still that fear that we would never be able to find him. It still lingered in the back of my mind. That fear did start to become bigger when people stopped believing. I would always try to push it back down. I would keep say that we were getting closer and closer. And we were. We figured out his name. We found his jeep. We found his room, but still, no one really wanted to believe that he was real. Not Scott, not Malia, and definitely not the Sheriff. Lydia was the only one who stood by my side and believed me. She was the one who helped my keep that hope when I was falling apart.

When Lydia told us about the machine, I felt like I could almost cry. We were going to remember him. And we did. We figured out what he looked like and what he acted like. I honestly felt a little sad that I could forget someone so important to me, but that's what the Ghost Riders do. I can't even imagine what all of these people went through. Watching as people forgot about you, and not being able to do anything. People either say they have a lot of fears, or they're not scare of anything. I feel like that's not true because this is everyone's fear. The fear of being forgotten.

The emptiness inside me went away right after I woke up. Right after I remembered everything. The three of us remembering him opened the rift. The rift that lead to Stiles. When I saw that person in that bright white light, I knew it was him. I could feel it. I called for him. I told him to keep going and to not stop. I could see him. I could almost touch him, hug him, and apologize for forgetting him. But nothing happened.

The light disappeared, along with Stiles. It was gone. He was gone. Just like that, the happiness I was feeling faded away. I continue to stare at the spot where the light was a minute ago. It couldn't have just disappeared like that. It couldn't.

I feel a hand being placed on my shoulder. Lydia's voice rung out in the quiet tunnel. "Autumn?"

"Lydia, where is he?" I look back at her. "It was working. You saw him, right?"

"We didn't see anyone." Malia shook her head. I look at the three of them. I was the only one who could see him. How?

"No. He was here. I know it." I look at them. "Stiles was here. You have to believe me."

"We do." Scott said. Lydia and Malia nodded their heads agreeing with Scott. "We believe you."

"You were the one who opened the rift, so it makes sense that you were the only one who could see him." Lydia told me. I nodded before whipping the tears from my face. Stiles is here in Beacon Hills. I can feel it.

Lydia grabs my arm before we walk into the bunker again. I could feel Malia place a hand on my back to try to comfort me. I look back at Scott as he closes the door. Right as he's about to close it, a hand appears. Liam sticks his head in. It's nice to see that they're are at least five people in Beacon Hills.