The Beginning of the End

I let out a yawn as I am pulled from my sleep. I roll over in bed and look at my phone. I don't have any notifications, but I also notice I don't have any service which is strange. I always have service at home. I lay back in bed as I enjoy the quiet morning which is also quite weird. I know Scott and Malia were here last night, but I don't hear them. I am the only one in the house.

I pull myself out of bed as I start to get ready for the day. I walk into my bathroom. I brush my face and teeth before putting on a small amount of makeup. I also straighten my hair. I walk out of the bathroom and into my closet. I put of a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a gray shirt, and a black leather jacket. I put on a pair of black boots before walking out of the closet. I put my phone in my back pocket and walk out of my room. I open my door, or try to at least. The room to my door was actually locked for some reason. I never lock my door. I unlock my door and make my way to the kitchen. As I go down the stairs, I hear my back door open.

"Scott?" I hear Lydia call out. "Autumn?"

"Coming." I say. I walk into the living room where Lydia was standing.

She looked at me. "Do you not know how to answer your phone?"

"I don't have any missed calls." I say pulling out my phone to show her. I look up when I hear another heartbeat. I see Peter come around the corner.

"Hello, girls." He says.

Lydia jumps before turning to look at Peter. "Oh, my..."

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" I ask Peter.

"Looking for Malia." He answers. He looks at Lydia. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for Scott and Autumn​, obviously." Lydia answers.

"Why?" Peter asks.

I roll my eyes. "Why are you looking for Malia?"

"Parental concern." He answers.

"Yeah because you're such a good one." I say sarcastically.

Peter glares at me before looking at Lydia. "Why didn't you just call them?"

"Why didn't you call Malia?" Lydia asks back.

Peter shakes his head. "We're not getting very far with this conversation."

"I couldn't reach them." Lydia says.

"That makes sense because I still don't have any service." I tell them.

"Well, I can't reach her, or anyone." Peter says. "There's reports that several cell phone towers in the area are down."

Lydia nods. "Okay. That's definitely cause for concern."

"It's more than that." Peter says. "Monroe and Gerard? They're cutting us off from the outside."

I look up. "They're cutting us off from each other."

"Which likely means that they've already started amassing troops on their side." Peter says.

Lydia looks at us. "Then we better find ours."

***

I lean onto the metal examination table in the clinic. We're trying to find Scott and Malia. Neither one of them are answering  their phones still. Peter is across from me. I turn my head when I hear Lydia walk on the room.

"They haven't been here." I tell her. I'd be able to pick out their scents if they were.

"Maybe we should go to the school." Lydia suggested.