Resurfaced Memories

I step onto the chair before climbing onto the table in Argent's bunker. I look around to make sure I'm not stepping on anything before reaching up and locking the small window that is above me. Malia's doing the same in the storage room, Scott's locking the huge door on the side of the room, and Lydia's locking the tunnel gates. We don't need the Ghost Riders coming in here and finding us. We need to be able to concentrate.

The Argent's have a machine that Lydia thinks will help us remember Stiles. The Argents used it to tap into Parrish's memories. It's basically the same concept as the ice baths. It cools down body temperature to basically stimulate death. You can then remember certain events that your mind would normally block you from remembering.

Lydia comes running down the tunnel. "The tunnel gate's locked. Everything's locked."

As soon as Lydia gets into the room, Scott closes the door of the bunker. Malia and I get off the tables and walk over.

"Do you think it'll hold them off?" I ask.

"Probably not." Lydia says.

"Definitely not." Scott agrees.

Malia looks at the two. "You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?"

We walk over to the machine. Scott looks at Lydia. "So, how cold does this thing get?"

"Cold enough for a Hellhound." She answers. "It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive."

"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia asks.

I look at her. "It slows down your heart rate, and puts you in a trance-like state."

"Like hypnosis." Scott says.

"Hypnotic regression." Lydia corrects. "If we can figure out how to work it."

Malia point to the side of the machine. "This says "start," so, maybe it's not that complicated."

I look at the other side of the machine to see a bunch of different dials. "I beg to differ."

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asks.

Scott opens the machine. "As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us."

Malia pushes the button as Scott gets ready to go in the machine. The machine​ starts making a noise. "Okay, it's doing something."

"Are you ready?" I ask him. He nods his head. He steps into the machine. I close the door before locking it.

"Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you." Lydia says. "So if something feels wrong or like, it's not working..."

"It's going to work." Scott assures her.

"I hope you're not saying that because you think I know what I'm doing." Lydia says.

"I'm saying that because I know you can figure it out." He tells her. I step back as she turns the dials. The machine starts to fill up with smoke. He starts to shiver. "Oh, okay, all right, yeah, that's cold. Really cold."

Malia look at us. "So what are we supposed to do? Talk to him? Help him remember? Wait till he turns into a werewolf freezy pop?"

"We need to guide him." I tell her. "Help keep him focused."

"Scott, you have to think about him. Concentrate on Stiles. Try to picture him in your head. Think about what he looks like, things he said." Lydia says. The machine starts to make a weird noise.