Friends in Low Places

The emotions that I'm feel right now are very overwhelming. Half of it is anger. Especially towards Gerard and Monroe. I can't believe they handed out guns to every single person in Beacon Hills. Gerard is planning genocide of everything supernatural creature. If he think we're going to go down without a fight, he's even more insane that I thought he was. I can't just stand around anymore while they try to slaughter us. If they try to kill me, I'm gonna kill them first. I'll turn into the monster they think I am. The other half is grief. When they had shot into our house, they had injured every single person in there except for Scott, Malia, Chris, and I. I mean, I got shot with an arrow, but that's easily healed. My mother, father, and even Mason aren't even supernatural, and they still shot them. Almost everyone was okay. The bullet missed everything important. My mother was the worst off. She had received a bullet to the chest. Right by her heart. They could shoot as us all they want, and I'd be fine. But my family who can't heal like I can, that's not okay. I pull my knees up to my chest as I sit in this uncomfortable hospital chair. I wrap my arms around them as I place my head on my knees. Scott sits to my right as we both listen in to the surgery that was currently happening.

"I think she's coagulopathic. I need another suture." I can hear the surgeon say. "The bullet missed the ascending aorta. Brachiocephalic is intact."

I feel a hand grab mine making me look up. Malia is bent down in front of us holding each of our hands.

"Hemodynamics are stable. She's gonna be okay." I hear the surgeon say. I feel my eyes start to water as I let out a breathy sigh. She's okay. My mom's okay.

After they had taken her out of surgery, they let Scott and I in to see her. We walked into the room. A nurse was about to exit. "You have about a minute before the sedative kicks in. And let her rest."

I walk up to her as I take in her appearance. She has no color in her face. Her tanned skin is now very pale. She had a breathing tube in her nose.

She looked up at us through hooded  eyes. "Hey kids."

Scott lets our a sigh. "I'm gonna wait outside, okay?"

"No, wait, Scott. Wait." She grabs his hand. She grabs mine with the other one. "Listen to me. You two didn't do this."

"But I'm responsible." Scott says. "You need to sleep."

She starts breathing heavier as she starts to talk more. "I just need to...  tell you..."

"It can wait." I weakly smile. "You need to rest."

"It can't wait." She argues.

"Mom..." Scott let's out.

"Don't run." She says. "You fight."

She closes her eyes as sleep starts to take over her. Her head falls to the side. I lift up her hand that's in mine and give it a light kiss before setting her hand back onto the bed. I look up to see Scott kissing her forehead. The both of us make our way out of the room. We both silently made our way to dad's room. When we arrived, Scott opened to door. I look around in confusion as I see that my father isn't in the room. The bed is freshly made like there wasn't ever anyone there.

I look to see Stilinski heading towards us. I start to walk to him. "Where is he?"

"Transferred to San Francisco Memorial." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "He's gonna be fine."

Scott nodded. "Okay. And what about Mason?"

"Already out of surgery." He answered.

"Lydia?" I ask.

He looks at me. "She's all right, too. Bullet missed everything that matters. Thank God. We got lucky."

"They almost died." Scott said.