018

Percy Flynn

The rain kept me up and no matter how tired I was, I kept sleeping and waking up minutes after, then dosing off again and waking up, just like that. Another reason why I was up was because Spencer was a hogger. He kept turning and turning, pulling the comforter to himself, all the while sleeping peacefully like a baby.

With my hand behind me, head resting on it, I stared at the white ceiling and tried to remember if I had any homework that wasn't done yet. Or a test, but even if I did, I didn't think I would have the strength to get up and go do it. I wanted to remain here, on this bed with Spencer.

Speak of the devil; he groaned in his sleep, stretching his legs until one was on top of me, his hand bending one corner. I chuckled to myself and wondered how he ever woke up straight and unbroken. Pushing his leg off me, I adjusted his hand and turned him around, caging him in place with my hand over him. I had wanted to spoon all night and now I finally get my chance. Spencer mumbled some incoherent gibberish as his hand tightened around me, his body pushing closer as he continued his sleep. I smiled wondering how someone could be this adorable and why it has taken me this long to know this.

*

"Hey, want to go out today?" I asked Spencer, grabbing his tray from him and placing it on top mine, while steering him towards the exit. We just finished having lunch and he was going to go give the lunch lady his empty tray, who does that? Everyone knows she'll come get it at the table after we're gone.

"Go out?" He clarified and I nodded. "No, no. I don't have time for parties."

"It's not a party and even if it was, you're a senior, of course you have time for parties." I slung an arm over his shoulder absentmindedly and knowing or now, he didn't push me off.

He sighed. "That's what I thought too but then there's all these tests, assignment, work," he shook his head. "No time to party, I wonder how others do it."

I chuckled and shook his shoulders. "You've got to loosen up, maybe skip some classes? Like Spanish or French, you don't need it."

He shook his head. "No way."

"Nerd."

"Jock." He retorted back and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"But come on, make time for me today." I begged with a little pout.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked turning to look at me.

"I've got to show up at my tennis club, else I'll be kicked out. And I really don't want to go alone and I don't want to be kicked out too."

"Wait wait, I've got questions." He said making us stop in the middle of the hallway with his eyes closed like he was mentally writing the questions down. "Two."

I smiled and pulled us a little closer to the lockers so we won't be standing in people's way. "Shoot."

"You play tennis?"

I nodded, "yup, have been doing that for a year now. It's kind of fun."

"I didn't know," He pouted adorably crossing his hands in front of him. "How many sport exactly do you play?"

"Football, basketball, quit badminton at fourteen, tennis... Yeah that's all for now." I counted out on my fingers.

Spencer was grinning now. "What stopped you from the others, like soccer, wrestling?"

"I don't like soccer, broke my leg one time at middle school and that was it for me and the sport. Then wrestling is just a waste of energy." I replied loving the way he was paying attention to me.