Part 1

Ivypool skirted beside Duskpaw, newly named Duskwind, to the Gathering as the moon danced on the RiverClan's pelts.

"I'm so nervous! I don't know what to do!"Duskwind's pelt bristled in worry and panic, her odd blue eyes clouded.

"Don't feel nervous. It's going to be fine. It will always be the same as going to a Gathering but with a new name." Ivypool encouraged her worried daughter.

"I bet Ravenwing is so nervous her heart thundered off her chest." Duskwind snorted.

Ivypool flashed her look, "Am I really going to have to use some mother sense into you?"

"Sorry!" Duskwind licked her chest, obviously embarrassed that quite a lot of cats heard Ivypool's daring question.

"You don't have to go over her limit, petal. She's young and has a lot more to learn." Hawkfrost said beside her once Ivypool trotted to the dark tabby.

"Wouldn't have you done the same if Brambleclaw spoke like that to Mothwing?" Ivypool shot him a look, obviously unpleased with his words.

"Sure you can say. Now come on. We'll have the whole Clan waiting." The dark tom pelted past the silver and white tabby.

She sighed before racing after her mate, "Wait up! I don't have long legs like you!" 

"Hmmph. I wonder what the other Clans are going to say once they figure out I'm RiverClan's new deputy?" Hawkfrost waited for the small and wiry she-cat, something gleaming in his eyes.

***

Leopardstar hopped onto her spot on the tree, Hawkfrost taking his place where the deputies usually sit. His pelt pricked with uneasiness and stress, worried about what the other Clan leader's opinion was on him. Hawkfrost lifted his head and saw Ivypool, who was talking to a black she-cat that he had once seen, but hardly ever. ThunderClan for sure. He thought, flicking his tail to and fro, anxiety winning the best of him.

"You'll do fine. I can't guarantee it, but I think the other Clan leaders may like you." Fluffypaw, newly named Fluffytail, sort of persuaded him, but not entirely.

"Err, thanks." Hawkfrost shifted his paws and didn't look at his son but at the ground for some odd reason.

"I know it didn't persuade you, but don't feel nervous. Everything will go okay." Looking at both sides to make sure no cat was looking, Fluffytail gently rested his pink nose on Hawkfrost's head.

"Thanks." Hawkfrost looked at him, slightly trembling.

Fluffytail nodded, "If it's to make the cat who raised me happy, then you're welcome." The young warrior went back to his clanmates, leaving Hawkfrost fighting the urge not to follow him. Just calm down. Everything's going to go okay, or is it? Hawkfrost shuddered, finding it difficult to calm down.

"The Gathering will now start. I'll go first if it's okay with you." Leopardstar looked at the other leaders, who nodded.

"Thanks. Anyways, we have been cooperating since Mistyfoot's death with our new deputy. Prey is running excellent these few days. We also have lots of new warriors: Minnowtail, Fluffytail, Ravenwing, Pebblefoot, Winterstorm, and Duskwind. Our new deputy is Hawkfrost if you cou-" Leopardstar was cut off by the angered Onestar, "Tigerstar's kin as deputy? Is this some kind of sick joke Leopardstar?!"

"Are you disrespecting my choice?" Leopardstar snarled, her pelt bristling in rage.

"We don't need blood spilled over the choice of a deputy for StarClan sake! Onestar, you know you have to respect Leopardstar's opinion. She's wise and has a reason why she chose Hawkfrost as our new deputy. You can't just judge him by who he shares blood with. How come you made no deal when Firestar appointed Brambleclaw as deputy? Both Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost are Tigerstar's kin.

Just because of that doesn't give you permission to disrespect a leader's choice. Not to mention that Leopardstar's been taking care of RiverClan for far too many moons to count. Much longer than you have been supervising WindClan, obviously meaning she knows more into this type of stuff." Ivypool stepped up, her eyes blazing in anger, "He may seem untrustworthy at first glance, but I promise he is a kind and outgoing cat. You can't just look at him and decide not to trust him. You just have to give him a chance for StarClan's sake!" The wiry she-cat ended there, catching her breath. 

"What Ivypool says is true. You must understand that." Leopardstar gave Ivypool a nod before shooting Onestar a dirty look.

"If you insist." Onestar snorted, obviously unpleased with Ivypool's sudden comeback. Hawkfrost caught her deep aqua eye, but she looked down as other cats were giving her looks and whispers. She didn't have to do that! I could have done it myself, or could I? Hawkfrost gulped down his dry worry.

Leopardstar looked at Firestar, "You may go."

"Prey is also running well for ThunderClan. We have a couple of new warriors as well: Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Cinderheart. We have all welcomed them as full warriors of ThunderClan." Firestar looked at Blackstar, whose amber eyes gleamed with sorrow, "Prey, like all, is running well. I also wanted to apologize for making that huge mistake of allowing Sol onto our territory."

"We forgive you. I bet you learned a lesson." Firestar murmured.

"Yes, I have. You can go now Onestar." Blackstar said without looking at the brown tabby.

"Hares are richer nowadays. We have two warriors: Heathertail and Breezepelt. The Gathering is over." Onestar hopped down, the other three leaders following him. Hawkfrost approached his wiry mate, whose deep aqua eyes were round and clouded with something he could not detect.

"Hey." The silver and white tabby only said, looking down at the ground as she spoke her quiet words.

"If you think I'm mad at you, I am not. I just wan-" Hawkfrost was cut off by the sound of thundering paws hitting the Gathering's ground, "There he is!"

"He's so fluffy!"

"Those eyes!" Most of the group was all she-cats, but some toms appeared in there.

"Umm, can I talk to Ivy-" He, once again, was cut off by the cats thundering questions that flashed like lightning bolts, "Dibs on talking to him first!"

"I guess I'll just go." Before Hawkfrost could respond to the wiry she-cat's announcement, she stalked off, maybe to go talk to Winterstorm, Duskwind, Fluffytail, or Ravenwing.

"OO! She's jealous!" That was all the cats were chanting, mock hinting and swirling in their voices and snorts.

Hawkfrost flattened his ears, "He's also handsome! I hope he doesn't have a mate." Hawkfrost froze as soon as he heard the two she-cats talking. He tried his best to get out, but there were way too many cats holding him back. And how am I supposed to explain this to Ivypool? She won't be happy to hear that two she-cats were talking about me being single. And the mocking part. The dark tabby managed to slip away and headed towards his family that consisted of Ivypool, Fluffytail, Ravenwing, Winterstorm, Duskwind, and Mothwing. Well, here goes nothing but trouble.