Part 4

Hawkfrost paced in the medicine cat den, ignoring Mothwing's questions as he got lost on his thoughts. Winterstorm and Duskwind weren't back from their little walk and Ivypool wasn't in her nest like she had been earlier. He had no idea where they were and Hawkfrost was getting stressed out while anxiety was winning the best of him. Before the fluffy dark tabby could get any more lost in his thoughs, the smell of blood lingering in his nose.

"Someone get Mothwing!" Duskwind's yowl alarmed Hawkfrost with panic, so he quickly got Mothwing without saying anything. The two cats made their way to Duskwind's voice and into the crowd of cats, the scent of blood smelling stronger with every step.

"What in the name of StarClan happened?" Mothwing asked.

"I have no time to explain. My mother is going to die if we keep talking like this!" Winterstorm snarled, her dark blue eyes flaring up in anger. Going to die? GOING TO DIE? Hawkfrost's thoughts swirled around in his head with panic. I can't loose her again! I won't let it happened! Hawkfrost ran to Ivypool's aid, whose mouth was drooping in blood and throat clouded with much more blood. He hulled the little wiry she-cat to Mothwing's den, where Willowpaw was fetching the herbs for Ivypool's treatment.

"Lay her down here." Mothwing instructed, amber eyes clouded with panic as well. Hawkfrost gently layed his injured mate in the area Mothwing told him to while Willowpaw dabbed some more herbs.

Winterstorm and Duskwind entered, but lingered in the entrence, "I can't loose you again, petal. Please, oh please don't leave me like you did last time. I-I can't bare without you." Hawkfrost pressed his muzzle on her ear as the two medicine cats were treating her wound.

"The good thing is that it isn't too deep. The only bad thing is that her attacker hit one of her veins, which will make this even more difficult." Mothwing told Hawkfrost.

"Please do your absolute best this time. I can't loose her now, espically since we our own family now. Please make sure she comes out fine. Please Mothwing." Hawkfrost whimpered, looking at his littermate with pleading eyes.

"I can't promise she'll make it, but I can guarantee she'll make it over night." Mothwing gently layed her tail on her shoulders.

"I'm hoping I can trust you again, Mothwing. We know what happened last time and I don't want it to happen again. Is that understood?" Hawkfrost growled, his pelt bristling.

"Do I look like StarClan to you?! She's in the paws of StarClan, not mine!" Mothwing snapped.

"So what good use are you if she isn't in your paws?!" Hawkfrost snarled, allowing his anger to spill on the golden tabby she-cat. Before he could allow his littermate to reply, Hawkfrost layed down beside the small, injured silver and white tabby she-cat.

"If that is how you are going to treat me, get out of my den and stay out." Mothwing curled her lip, rage glistening in her eyes.

"But she's my mate! I can stay next to her if I want to, not as you please!" Hawkfrost hissed.

"And I'm her medicine cat, so get out now!" Mothwing snarled.

"I'm also her deputy if you didn't know." Hawkfrost growled darkly.

"Just leave him alone, Mothwing. He's going through a lot of stress right now, so don't make it worse for him." Willowpaw told her mentor.

Mothwing opened her jaw, ready to say something, but Willowpaw interrupted her, "Please and thank you. Now, off you go." At least a cat actually cares around here. The dark tabby blinked thanfully to the pale grey tabby. She dipped her head before heading out. Leopardstar slithered in, her green eyes(she has green eyes for me) gleaming with worry.

"Is she okay?" Leopardstar looked at Hawkfrost as she spoke.

"Her wound isn't too deep, but her attacker hit a vein." Hawkfrost answered, his eyes fixed on his injured mate.

"I hope she'll recover. She's one of our best warriors. Lossing her will be like lossing me or the whole Clan." Leopardstar padded closer but advanced slowly.

"I hope StarClan doesn't take her this time."

***

Moonlight danced and singed in camp while Hawkfrost was sharing his food with Duskwind.

"What did you mean by you can't loose Ivypool again?" Duskwind asked, her eyes were like swimming pools rippling. Ivypool probably didn't tell them what happened to her while the heat wave was crashing on us. Hawkfrost shifted his paws, not wanting to tell his kit the full truth.

"Father?" Duskwind looked at him, her eyes glimmering with pleading.

"I-It's really complicated. When the heat wave was hitting us, she got really sick. So sick that she 'died'. But what ended up happining is that StarClan gave her a chance since she was just made a  warrior of RiverClan."

The dark brown tabby she-cat didn't say anything, but only stood up, turned around and left. Go ahead then. The fluffy tom jerked his muzzle towards Ivypool who left the medicine cat den not too long ago. Her eyes were unreadable as her gaze was locked with his. Looking around to make sure Leopardstar wasn't in sight, the fluffy dark tabby padded towards the wiry she-cat.

"When was the last time we had a normal conversation?" Hawkfrost asked as he settled beside her.

"Around a moon ago or something like that. I'm just glad we are spending time together right now." Ivypool's pelt brushed his.

"I miss those days. Where nothing got in our way of being happy." He murmured, sorrow hinting in his voice, "How is your wound doing? And who did it?"

"It stings. It's not too bad, but it stills hurts. An-" Ivypool was cut off by the paw steps of Leopardstar.

"Hawkfrost, I need you to assign two night patrols. That rouge that attacked Ivypool won't get away with it." Leopardstar growled before boudning off.

"I  guess we'll talk another day." Before Hawkfrost could respond, the wiry silver and white tabby made her way to the warrior's den, leaving him.