Part 6

Ash clouds circled around the she-cat as the roaring of fire rang into her ears, making her cough as the smoke flew and danced. There was little, scared mewling behind her; there were two kits, a sandy grey tom with dark brown flecks on his chest and a tortoiseshell she-cat with white flecks around her face. The fire's flames increased in size as the three cats walked quickly.

"Mama, we're stuck!" The little she-cat's terrified yowl split through the air, making the silver and white tabby to snap her gaze towards the kit. The kit was behind a burning branch, the little tom beside her, trembling with wide green eyes.

"Don't worry! Mama's got you!" The silver and white tabby realized she didn't say that, but the cat who she was seeing with.

"Hurry mama! Please! I don't wanna go to StarClan yet!" The little tom cried as a branch collapsed behind the running mother. The fire's embers glittered in the mother's pelt as she ran, getting closer to her kits.

The fire burned her muzzle as she removed the branch, "Get on my back! Quick!" The two kits climbed onto her back, their little claws gripping on strongly as the mother cat ran as fast as her legs could take her. More embers fell from the branches, which piled on top of the mother cat's tail as she ran, her kits clinging on her back. The fire blazed through the area as the mother cat gained insane speed as she jumped and ran. Once the three cats made it, the mother collapsed, breathing heavily.

"Mama, how do think papa is doing?" The little tom asked, fear crawling on his voice.

"Mama said he is in a better place. Remember that,  Thrushkit." The little she-cat mewed.

"Thank StarClan! You're alive!" A familiar voice rang into the she-cat's ears.

"Stormfur, take care of Turtlekit and Thrushkit, please. To make me happy." The silver and white tabby begged, her eyes filling up with death.

"I will. Thrushkit, Turtlekit, say goodbye to mama." Stormfur whispered, grief spilling out.

"Will she be with papa?" Turtlekit asked.

"I will. Goodbye my precious kits. Behave for the Clan and Stormfur. Promise mama you'll make the best warriors you can be." The she-cat told her kits, fighting for breath.

"Goodbye mama. We promise." The two kits lingered around their dying their mother. Life gasped out of the silver and white tabby, making her go limp. The two kits let out a wail of grief as their mother went to join StarClan. Stormfur pressed his muzzle on her neck before allowing his tears to fall out of his eyes, rolling down the silver and white tabby's pelt.

"Goodbye, Ivypool."