Part 8

Winterstorm padded beside the stream, pebbles crunching at her paws as Rainstorm walked beside her, pelt almost brushing hers. His mottled blue-grey pelt stuck out while her own light grey tabby fur looked like a random clump of grey snow.

"This weather is nice; the rain can keep us cool." Rainstorm meowed, whiskers getting frosted by the rain and dew.

"I'm glad Feathertail's kits decided to come during this nice weather." The light grey tabby she-cat recalled Feathertail giving birth to two toms; Smokekit and Oakkit.

"I wonder when I'll have kits?" Rainstorm suddenly brought up.

"I'm sure you will." She assured her friend.

"But what if it is with a certain she-cat?" He looked at her, blue eyes piercing her pelt. Great StarClan what is he thinking about now? Every cat says he loves me, but do I love him? Winterstorm gulped her nervousness,

"W-What are you hinting at exactly?" She asked, knowing what answer she was going to get.

"I don't know if I made it obvious, but I..." The mottled tom trailed off.

"C'mon. You can tell me." The light grey tabby urged him.

"Winterstorm, I lo-" The tom was cut off by a yowl that rang across the two cats.

"It sounds like a she-cat! We might have to help her." The light grey tabby raced towards the loud yowls, Rainstorm at her heels. The two RiverClan cats saw the little lily white she-cat who was bleeding and yowling.

"H-Help me!" She cried as blood streamed down her shoulder. The two cats raced to the injured, lily white she-cat who was still bleeding and yowling. Winterstorm allowed the injured lily white she-cat lean on her shoulder while Rainstorm checked her wound, more like examine her. The two RiverClan cats took the lily white she-cat back to camp where they were greeted by Hawkfrost and Ivypool who were probably going to go hunt. The silver and white tabby shot the lily white she-cat while Winterstorm's father shifted his paws, obviously finding it hard on what to do or say.

"And who is this exactly?" Ivypool suddenly asked, her deep aqua eyes glistening in aggression, possible battle hunger too.

"Rainstorm and I were walking then we heard her yowlings. We went to investigate and we found her yowling and bleeding near the New-leaf Twoleg bridge." Winterstorm explained to her mother and father who still looked outraged or at least Ivypool was. Hawkfrost was still shifting his paws, trying to find the correct words to tell the three cats who were now covered in blood by the lily white she-cat.

"Let's just take her with Willowshine and Mothwing: her wound looks deep." Her father seemed to care about the she-cat as he has known her for moons. Her mother in the other hand didn't seem pleased at all with the fluffy dark tabby's conclusion. She's been so aggressive nowadays. She always seems ready to kill anyone if they did a very wrong move. What if I made a wrong move? What if she doesn't like Rainstorm but yet, I became mates with him? Would she kill him and me? Is that how much my own mother has changed? She had begun to worry on the decisions she would make since Ivypool probably didn't like the cat she loved. Wait, love? Didn't I think he loved me but I didn't? How does this even work? Ugh. The light grey tabby looked at Rainstorm who was helping Hawkfrost take the white she-cat to Mothwing's den. Her mother had left to talk to Willowshine. Looking around to make sure no one saw what she was doing, Winterstorm quietly and slowly slithered to the talking she-cats.

"This she-cat brings bad luck. Even her name goes with her horrible personality." Ivypool growled quietly.

"Her name is Jinx that you are saying that, right?" Willowshine asked softly, so soft Winterstorm could barely hear her.

"Yes. Her name is Jinx. She does believe in StarClan, but only so she can train in the Dark Forest. She is very weird for a kittypet."

"Why would any cat train in the Dark Forest? Can't they see how evil it is?"

"But there are some who are only going there to spy, kinda like me."

"Oh yeah. I forgot there are cats who do believe in peace and only do go there to spy on those stupid pieces of frog-dung."

"We need to keep our eyes on Jinx. She is bad news and is known for being deleterious around most cats, even Tigerstar himself."

"Suggest we spy on her? We can't let her destroy our Clan with one step into our territory." Willowshine concluded before Mothwing called her over. Ivypool snored before heading back to the entrance of their camp.

"Winterstorm, you better not tell any cat what you just heard. Did I make myself clear?" Ivypool meowed. The light grey tabby only nodded her head.

"Sorry for distancing myself from everyone. There are so many things going on in life that I really can't find time to comfort myself around my kin. Even though I am throwing you out of my life, for now, I could never be so proud of what you guys have become. I hope you and Rainstorm can find your rightful love and peace with each other." Ivypool gently nuzzled her head. She suddenly felt like being in the nursery again, where she would tumble and scamper with her littermate while Hawkfrost and Ivypool were watching over them, having a peaceful conversation with each, but now, Winterstorm knew that would probably never happen ever again.

"Why did things go so different? Why can't things be the way they once were moons ago?" The light grey tabby put her head on her mother's shoulder.

"Things happen for a reason, but I'm not sure this happened for a certain reason." Ivypool's calming voice that had once soothed the light grey tabby had, once again, soothed her.

"I wish I could have stayed a kit forever." Winterstorm whispered as she felt her mother's soothing tongue rasp over her head.

"And I would love that more than my life." Ivypool murmured, love and affection with some sadness mixed in.

"But you have an awesome life! Why would you say that?" Winterstorm took some steps back, shock scorching her pelt.

"I've made many mistakes in my life by this point. Besides, you know what is happening between Hawkfrost and me. I enjoyed his company, but now that I recall what happened, maybe his love might have been fake." Ivypool pushed past her before the light grey tabby could say anything. Is that how Ivypool feels? Does she feel like my father has been her fake mate and seen Jinx for the past moons? I mean, he did seem to know her by the way he was acting.... no! I don't want it to be true! Please StarClan, don't tell me my own father has been seeing this rogue! The light grey tabby looked up at the sky, it's milky blue color shone bright on her. I don't want my littermates to suffer from my father's mistake, but who would suffer more? Us or Ivypool? I'm most certain Ivypool is going to suffer the most. She has always loved him, but why would Hawkfrost return those feelings if he had been seeing Jinx? Would Rainstorm do that if we ever become mates? Winterstorm shook that thought out of her head and focused on what she was going to do with her life today.