Part 14

Sometime later...

"Ivypool! Ivypool, where are you?" Hawkfrost called, almost losing his balance because of how worried he was.

"Hawkfrost, I-I think she died," Fluffytail whispered to his right. The fluffy dark brown tabby tom whipped his head around to where his son was. In front of his son was a silver and white tabby she-cat, unmoving as blood sputtered out from some opened wounds.

"I-Ivypool..." Hawkfrost began to tear up, shaking in sadness that he has never felt before.

"But at least she killed Jinx." Winterstorm sighed in sadness beside Duskwind. 

"She'll rest along Mistyfoot and Ripplepaw." Ravenwing meowed sadly. Hawkfrost ignored his kits sadden words as he curled up beside his dead mate. He placed his paw on her chest, hoping he would feel a heartbeat, but sadly he never found it.

"Ivypool... you told me you weren't going to leave me again? Why'd you do it?" As he spoke, Hawkfrost's tears emerged from his eyes and onto Ivypool's pelt.

"You told me!" Hawkfrost cried before burying his nose into her fur. His kits said no more, joining their father mourn for the loss for their mother.

"She was the best. I-I could never ask for a better mother. I regret yelling at her before Jinx came to the clan." Ravenwing trembled, slowly starting losing her words. The five cats helped one another take the dead silver and white she-cat back with the others. Once they arrived, they realized Leopardstar was holding a meeting.

"So we will probably go back to camp until tomorr-" Leopardstar was cut off as the five cats entered their area.

"Is she?" Mothwing asked, horror filling her voice. Hawkfrost didn't answer, but he nodded sadly, not wanting to accept the fact that his mate was dead.

"I-I... am sorry..." Mothwing whispered, tucking her tail between her legs. Hawkfrost, Ravenwing, Duskwind, Fluffytail, and Winterstorm carried Ivypool to the middle of the clearing so the others could mourn.

"Thank you guys for taking care of your mother for so long," Hawkfrost told his four kits.

"You're welcome."