Part 3

The water's little waves crashed among the cost, fish fleeing in every direction as pebbles got crunched by Winterstorm's paw steps. Beside the light, grey tabby was a dark brown tabby with unusual blue eyes. Both the she-cats were littermates, their parents being Ivypool and Hawkfrost, who weren't in the biggest love terms they used to be in.

"Ravenwing talked to me yesterday. She said Ivypool introduced her to a creamy and brown cat. She was unsure if Ivypool was telling the truth when she said the creamy she-cat is actually Hawkfrost's mother." Winterstorm swished her striped tail, rubbing it in the dirt.

"Just imagine that cat coming in camp and yelling, my kits! I would be laughing because Hawkfrost's embarrassed face is super funny!" Duskwind tried to recreate their father's face.

"That's not what I wanted to discuss. I wanted to discuss Ravenwing. I've never seen her so mad in my life. It looked like she could claw anyone's ears off completely!" Winterstorm growled at her littermate.

"How mad was she that you are saying that?" Duskwind put on a serious face on, the amusement fading out of her eyes.

"It looked like she and Ivypool got into the biggest argument yet," Winterstorm answered.

"That doesn't answer my question." Duskwind murmured, her voice steady as she spoke.

"I know, but I'm just saying what I'm thinking," Winterstorm told the dark brown tabby she-cat with a cool tone of voice.

"I hope Ivypool didn't get her too mad or else she'll be clawing our ears off by tonight." Duskwind shook her pelt as the sun shone brightly along their fur.

"I'm almost too certain she did. Ivypool never backs down from a fight." Or did she this time because it was with one her kits? Winterstorm dared herself not to say that out loud.

"She might have though. Remember that she did have an argument with one of her kits and not another clanmate. So, she might have backed down." Duskwind flawlessly read her thoughts as the dark brown tabby scampered through the pebbles along the stream shore.

"Can you read minds?" Winterstorm blurted out before slapping her own mouth her tail.

"How could you tell? Nah, I'm just kidding. But that would be amazing though." The dark brown tabby halted as the scent of rogue filled their noses.

"Come. And be the quietest you can possibly ever be." Duskwind hissed in a very low whisper, almost too quiet for Winterstorm to hear.

The two she-cats quietly and carefully stalked through the undergrowth, nearing the rogue with every paw step they could take. They came across an orange, black, and white rogue with an extremely puffy chest and blazing amber eyes that pierced the two she-cats.

"RiverClan I assume? Don't worry, I'm no danger to your Clan." The rogue said in a very humble tone of voice.

"What are you doing in our territory? I'm pretty sure if you can guess our Clan, you can also tell the scent markers. Now, get out or I'll make you." Winterstorm said in her best dangerous voice possible. The rogue blinked innocently as if nothing had happened.

"You heard her. She is very serious about her words. Now, you should go or my littermate will rip your pelt off completely." Duskwind snarled, her dark brown tabby pelt bristling.

"What in the name of StarClan is happening here?" Ivypool's voice entered the conversation.

"Ahh, Ivypool. How many moons has it been seen we've last seen each other? Here let me tell you, right now." The rogue churred. 

"If it isn't the one and only you. Now, leave my daughters alone or you'll be facing me." Ivypool darted in front of the two she-cats.

"So you and Hawkfrost did end up having kits?" The rogue eyed the silver and white tabby with curiosity sparkling in his amber eyes.

"I thought you already knew that. Just keep him out of this and leave. I don't want blood to be spilled." Ivypool shot a look to the rogue.

"I thought you left him. You two haven't been in the highest note lately." The rogue flicked his tail.

"Have you been spying on RiverClan?" Ivypool snarled, claws unsheathing at the tom's remark.

"Maybe I have. Maybe I haven't. I like this conversation. Let's continue it if you'd like, petal." The rogue mocked Hawkfrost, boiling Ivypool in anger.

"Calm her down! Hawkfrost won't be happy if we return an injured Ivypool to camp." Winterstorm hissed.

"I think it's way too late for that." Duskwind said in horror. Ivypool already plunged at the rogue.

"We have to stop her! Stop standing there and help me!" Winterstorm chased after her mother and the rogue, Duskwind closing at her heels.

"Don't you dare mock my mate you unworthy piece of frog-dirt!" Ivypool raked her claws against the rogue's side, which barely did anything but rip off his fur.

"Remember, petal. Cats with thick fur tend to not get injured in battle." The rogue simply held Ivypool by the throat after the she-cat's try.

"I wanna make your death nice and slow. How about the old jaw clamper?" The rogue smiled, his teeth exposed.

"HURRY DUSKWIND!" Winterstorm called her older littermate who was behind.

"I can't... run..." Winterstorm knew her littermate didn't get her proper sleep.

"Well, here goes the pain. Remember this when you walk with those stupid dead cats of yours." That was the last thing the rogue said before clentching his teeth into her throat. Ivypool's shrill yell switched to a whimper then to nothing. The rogue let go and stalked off who knows where.

"IVYPOOL!" Winterstorm cried as the scarlet pool grew bigger with every paw step she took.

"No, no! IVYPOOL DON"T LEAVE!" Winterstorm wailed after her mother went limp.

"What are we going to tell the Clan?" Duskwind asked beside the light grey tabby.

"No, not the Clan, but Hawkfrost, Fluffytail, and Ravenwing." Winterstorm said with horror as she picked up her mother's limp body, blood slowly spraying onto her pelt.

"We just have to hope for the best."