𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Madison was sitting at a small round table, sipping on a hot chocolate. Wanda Maximoff was right across from her; the two were pretending to be having a friendly lunch. Everyone from the outside looking in wouldn't have known that they were on a mission, and that they were not alone.

Wanda stirred sugar into her coffee cup. She then raised it to her mouth and took a quick glance around. "Alright. What do you see?" Steve Rogers asked over the ear piece all of the team members had in place.

"Standard city cops," Wanda replied, "Small stations, quite street, good target."

"There's an ATM on the south corner which means..." Steve started to say but Madison finished the sentence with, "Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one-way," the man said, trying to make the girls think of everything.

Wanda nodded her head and answered, "So compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out," Steve agreed, "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

The youngest of them all took a quick glance around and then smiled at Wanda, "Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us," Natasha cut in, bringing herself into the conversation.

Madison smiled at her friend as Wanda spoke, "You guy's know I can move things with my mind, right?"

That made the girl start to laugh a little bit. But that made Natasha start to lecture, "Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"No need to get your panties in a wad, Nat," Madison giggled, "I think you are also forgetting I can make a small earthquake happen with a flick of my wrist."

Natasha huffed at the girl, "Careful now, you're as cocky as your father, and look how many times we all have almost died without the sass."

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam Wilson asked.

He came apart of the team some time after Ultron. Which was a robot that Tony, Bruce, and Madison built in order to try and keep the world from other threats. However that went completely south and is what led Madison to becoming the Avenger she is today.

"Not to my face," Natasha answered, "Why? Did you hear something?"

Before Sam could answer Steve cut in, "Eyes on the target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us," Sam laughed, causing Madison and Wanda to smile.

Madison took a sip of her hot chocolate, continuing to act in character. "Sam," Steve addressed, "See that garbage truck? Tag it."

A few seconds when by as Madison waited for someone to start speaking. Then Sam gave a reply, "That truck's loaded at max weight and the driver is armed."

"It's a battering ram," Natasha stated. Steve immediately spoke afterwards, "Go now."

"What?" Wanda asked, her voice flooding with panic.

"He's not hitting the police," Steve answered.

At that Madison immediately stood up and took off running. She was a smart girl and she knew exactly where she was going. Her target was heading for the Department of Infectious Diseases.

The girl twisted her bracelet and her white and gold suit started to form around her body, covering her identity up and protecting her. Madison used the air around her to push herself up off of the ground. She heard an explosion and pushed her self to go faster.

"Body armor, AR-15s, I count seven hostiles," Steve informed as Madison hit the ground.

She heard a few gunshots and then Sam spoke, "I make five."

"I bet I can make four," the girl commented as she flew one of the armed men in the air, "Sam."

The man swooped in and slammed the criminal into the ground. Sam then lands on the ground and Madison gave a wink, "Four."

"Rumlow is on the third floor," Sam informed. Steve walked over to Wanda and said, "Wanda, Just like we practiced."

"What about the gas?" She questioned. Steve looked at her and answered, "Get it out."

And with that Steve ran on top of a truck. Wanda tossed him into the air and he crashed through a window. Red mist came from Wanda as she pulled the green gas out of the building. Wanda looked towards Madison and the girl gave a nod. Madison swirled clean air in the mix of the toxic gas as Wanda sent it spiraling in the air.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon," Steve stated, his voice serious. Natasha immediately replied, "Got it."

A minute went by as Madison and Wanda fully made the dangerous gas disappear into the atmosphere. Then Madison saw Steve fall from the building, landing flat on his face. "Sam, he is in a AMB heading North," the leader of the mission informed.

"You know for someone who claims to be so agile you sure are clumsy," Madison joked as she took off in the air. She heard Steve give a sigh and she laughed to herself.

Madison followed closely behind Sam, and a few seconds later the two landed on the top of a truck.

"I got four. They're splitting up," Sam told the group. Madison set her eyes on all four and decided to go after the two on the right. Of course she made this decision after Natasha said, "I got the two on the left."

She sprinted after them, running on top of cars in order to avoid the screaming civilians. When she caught up to the two men dressed in black, the first one tried to shoot at her. Madison dodged the bullet with ease and knocked the man to the ground by making the Earth beneath him jolt upwards.

"Now is that how you should treat a lady?" the girl sarcastically asked. Then the second man came charging at her and she used a gust of wind to throw him into the wall of a building. He fell to the ground and was knocked out cold. "Then again you guys aren't gentlemen," She huffed.

Sam then landed next to her and crouched down next to the man she flung into the wall. He shuffled through the criminal's bag and the looked at Madison. "He doesn't have it," Sam informed, "I'm empty."

"Payload secure. Thanks, Sam," Natasha stated a few minutes later. Madison felt her body ease at the thought that they were going to complete this mission.

Madison gave a smile towards her friend as he spoke into his earpiece, "Don't thank me."

"I am not thanking that thing," Natasha objected. "His name is Redwing," Sam corrected.

Natasha sighed, "Still not thanking it."

Madison gave a laugh as Sam replied, "He's cute. Go ahead, pet him."

The girl then heard more screams coming from the other side of the small square. Madison took off once more. She ran through the crowd; going as fast as she could, but she kept running and bumping into innocent people who were just running for their lives.

When she got there she stopped next to Wanda. Madison saw Steve holding onto Rumlow who was kneeling in the dirt. Then the girl heard the criminal say, "You're coming with me."

In an instant Madison saw the man push a button and his body explode with fire. She stuck her hands out and held the fire in place for a second; the brunette tried to absorb it but it was to much for her to handle.

Wanda then flung Rumlow into the air, sending him flying into the building. Madison dropped to the ground in pain as she looked up and saw the building explode. Sorrow filled her heart as she heard the screams from the people inside.

Tears fell down her face as she heard Steve say, "Sam, we need fire and rescue on the south side of the building. I gotta get up there."