𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Spinning in a chair, Madison rolled her eyes. Everyone had started to discuss the Accords, and the girl was getting tired of going back and forth.

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is more than you have," Madison's uncle pointed out.

Sam gave a look at Rhodey, "So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?"

"One hundred-seventeen countries want to sign this. One hundred-seventeen, Sam and you're just like, 'No, that's cool. We got it'," Rhodey replied.

"How long are we going to play both sides?" Madison asked as she continued to spin, wanting to get to a verdict.

Personally, she hated the idea of the Accords. Madison didn't want to be an object the Government could use as a pawn when ever they pleased. She wanted to be her own person. She wanted to be able to help people whenever she pleased. However, because she was a minor, she didn't have a choice in the matter; her father was going to decide for the both of them. And he decided to sign.

"I have an equation," Vision spoke. Sam rolled his eyes, "Oh, this will clear it up."

Vision ignored to comment and began to speak, "In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons had grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked, narrowing his eyes at Vision.

The robot shook his head, "I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. Oversight... Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

"Boom," Rhodey said, happy that Vision was on his side.

Spinning in her chair, Madison catches a glimpse of her father. Tony is slumped on a couch; looking at his daughter. His hand is covering his face. "Dad. You are being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal," Madison said, in between spins.

"It's because he's already made up his mind," Steve said, "For the both of you."

Tony gave a scoff, "Boy, you know me so well. And you know Maddi is just a kid and can't make her own decisions. No offense, Princess."

"None taken, Daddio," Madison winked, trying to ease the building tension.

"Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache," Tony stated, walking over to the kitchen area, "That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain. It's discomfort."

He then looked into the sink, "Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?"

Tony then slid his phone into a food basket, a picture of the woman's son popped up. Madison stopped in her chair and stared at the picture.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, three point six GPA. Had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service," Tony explained as he rummaged around the kitchen, "Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia."

Madison looked down, trying to keep her tears at bay. "He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass," Tony noted, as he took a pill with he newly made cup of coffee.