𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Trigger Warning: Unwanted Advances

Madison was standing in front of a full body mirror; she could hear the party coming to life downstairs. Her nerves were on fire as thoughts raced through her head. She wondered how this night was going to go. And she was critiquing every inch of her outfit.

The light pink dress fit her well. It was tight around her waist and flowy near the skirt. Her dark hair was straight and fell down her back. Her makeup wasn't caked on; Madison had a more natural look to her.

She felt like people would say she looked like a little girl. In a huff the girl took off the dress and threw it on Liz's bed. For once in her life she had no idea what to wear. It was frustrating. Madison felt as if she had to have the perfect outfit for this party. The girl wanted to make a good final impression on her new peers, and she admitted to herself that is was also a little bit for Peter.

Madison went to Liz's closet and looked at the selection. Liz had told her that she could pick out anything she wanted, and there was a lot to choose from.

After staring at the closet for a good five minutes, Madison pulled out a maroon romper. It was a lot like one she had in her own closet. When Madison put it on she instantly felt a lot better. It fit her figure a lot better. It was mid thigh length and had long sleeves that went a little past Madison's wrists.

She then paired it with some black slip on shoes that she had been wearing all day. Looking at herself in the mirror again, she felt a lot more confident. Madison gave herself a smile in the mirror, and then she headed down stairs.

The music increased as she descended down the steps. The party was in full swing. As soon as Madison's feet hit the final step, she saw Peter and Ned walk through the front door.

Her heart stopped for a split second and then it rapidly increased. Peter's eyes found Madison's instantly when once he spotted her. A nervous look came across both of their faces as Madison made her way over.

"Oh, My gosh. Hey, guys," Madison greeted, "Cool hat Ned."

Ned looked at the girl and smiled, "Hi, Maddi."

"Hi, Maddi," Peter repeated. His voice was squeaky and small, as if he was scared to say the wrong thing.

Madison gave a smile to both of them, "I'm so happy you guys came. There's pizza and drinks. Liz won't care if you help yourselves."

"What a great party," Peter squeaked in response, looking around the buzzing room.

"Thanks," Madison winked, "Even though this party is for me, I didn't do a thing. It was all Liz."

Just then a crash sounded causing Madison to jump back, scared that something bad was happening. It took her a second to realized that she was okay. She looked back at the two boys and noticed that they had worried looks on their faces.

The girl gave a nervous smile, "I should probably go see what that was. If anything's broken, Liz's parents will kill both of us."

"Yeah," Peter nodded, his face falling slightly.

Madison looked back at the party and then to the boys, "Have fun. I'll meet up to talk to you in a second."

Peter only gave a nervous, rapid nod as a reply. Ned smiled at the girl, "Bye."

"Bye," Madison said as she turned and walked away.

She let out a sigh as she weaved her way through the party; she quickly found the scene where the crash had came from, but Liz was already there. Madison gave a sigh as she turned around.

"Penis Parker! What's up?" Flash asked, making Madison wince at the name.

She remembered when Peter had told her about the nickname on the way to Germany. She remembered how sad he had gotten.

Madison tried to make her way through the crowd in order to get back to Peter. She wanted to tell him not to listen to him; the girl wanted to be next to him when she defended him.

"So, where's your pal Spider-Man?" Flash asked with a laugh, "In Canada with you imaginary girlfriend?"

The brunette started to move faster as the people around her started to laugh. She wanted to help, but she couldn't do that when she was in the middle of a crowd of people that couldn't and wouldn't hear her.

"That's not Spider-Man. That's just Ned in a red shirt," the bully taunted.

By now Madison was practically trying to run through the mass of people. The crowd around her started to boo and laugh even more at the two kids. The girl was trying her best, but it wasn't enough.

Through the bouncing dance floor, Madison saw Peter turn away and walk out of the front door, leaving Ned all by himself. She tried to push through in order to go after him, but someone grabbed onto her waist and pulled her back.

Instantly Madison turned around and looked at the boy who had touched her, "Uh, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Oh, come on, don't be like that gorgeous," the teenager laughed, "How about we dance for a little bit?"

"Um, how about screw you?" Madison replied as she pushed the boy off.

He then latched onto her wrist and Madison's heart stopped. She had instant flashbacks to the day she had gotten her powers. The girl remembered Obi pulling her by her wrist as the little girl screamed and cried.

Suddenly everything around her froze. Her vision blurred as she tried to pull away again. Fear was taking over her body, and she felt helpless.

The boy pulled her close and used his free hand to slip it around her waist. Madison felt like she was going to puke her guts up. Everything was spinning as she tried to pull away again.

But the teenager was strong, and Madison couldn't find the strength to push herself out of her fear and use her powers. She felt completely and utterly helpless.

"Hey, get the hell away from my friend," a voice then called out.