𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

As soon as Madison had stepped off of the bus, she saw her father waiting for her. In an instant she ran to him, and Tony wrapped his arms around his daughter tightly.

"Oh thank God," Tony breathed as he stroked Madison's hair.

The girl hugged her father even tighter, "I'm alright. I'm okay."

Tony continued to hug Madison as if his life depended on it. She didn't pull away as she talked, "Dad, I am fine."

"I know. I know you are," Tony replied, "There... There was just so many things that could have happened."

"But they didn't," Madison smiled as she pulled away and looked her father in the eyes, "There isn't a scratch on me. And you know I can handle myself."

Her father gave a nod, "I know you can, Princess. But that doesn't mean I want you to."

"I know that," Madison said, looking at everyone around her again.

She locked eyes with Peter and her heart started to ache slightly. Madison hadn't talked to him since the hotel room, and she had no intent on talking with him. Madison didn't know if she could trust him, because everyone in her life has either left or broken a promise to her. And she was getting real sick of it.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tony questioned, "And I don't mean the whole almost dying thing, it's something else."

Madison looked back at her father and gave a smile, "I'll tell you at home."

"You got it, Princess," Tony winked, wrapping his arm around his daughter and walked to their car.

They drove in mostly silence, only listening to music on the radio. The drive felt longer than usual, mainly because they were going to the new Avengers Facility. Madison loved the new location. It was her favorite home by far.

Tony and Madison had made the decision to sell Avengers Tower and move into the upstate building. Madison mainly wanted to leave because there were too many memories in that tower, leading all the way back to the first attack on the world.

The duo walked inside the building and saw Rhodey standing up at the counter, his back turned to them.

"Hey, look at you walking around," Madison smiled, getting her uncle's attention.

Rhodey turned around and walked over to the girl and pulled her into a hug. "I'm glad you didn't die," he laughed.

"Don't make fun of my daughter almost dying," Tony huffed as Madison laughed along.

"Tony, you realize your daughter has helped save the world on multiple occasions," Rhodey said with an eyeroll, "I think she could have handled a falling elevator."

Madison nodded her head, "Damn right."

"Hey, why are you guys coming after me. I remember doing just as much to save the world," Tony whined, putting a hand on his heart.

"Nobody said you didn't," Madison replied, "But I do remember you flying into space to save the world as I told you not to."

Tony gave an eyeroll, "And because of that you are now still breathing and being a normal teenage girl."

"Put away the attitude, Tony. Madison almost died," Rhodey smirked.

"Low blow," Tony winced. Madison let out a laugh as she gave her uncle a high five, "I think we won."

"Oh, you most definitely did not," Tony stated, crossing his arms.

Rhodey walked past the girl's father and gave him a pat on the shoulder, "Keep telling yourself that."

Madison's uncle then went and sat on the couch; the girl went to follow, but she was stopped when Pepper walked into the room. When the woman saw her, she gave Madison her third hug of the day.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Pepper stated once she pulled away, "I'm also glad you didn't have to use your powers. Exposing yourself would have been bad."

"Well I may have use my powers a tiny bit," Madison replied as she pinched her index finger and thumb together, giving a small smile.

"God, you're just like your father," Pepper huffed as she flopped on the couch.

Tony put his hand in the air dramatically, "Is that such a bad thing. I mean look at her. She just won nationals. Good job, by the way, Princess."

"It was nothing. Simple smarts," Madison stated as she tapped her head.

"Yep, you were right. Just like her father," Rhodey said to Pepper.

Madison turned her body and gave her uncle a light hit in the arm, "There is nothing wrong with being like my father."

"Never said there was, Honey," Pepper smiled, "And I bet the kids at you're school have major crushes on you because you are just like him."

At that comment Madison remembered, Peter. A frown formed on her face, and the aching feeling returned to her heart. Pepper seemed to notice, "Uh oh. Did something happen?"

"Just Homecoming stuff. Nothing to worry about," Madison answered, looking down at her hands.

Pepper clearly didn't believe the lie. The woman looked at the two men in the room, "Both of you. Out. We need to have some girl talk."

"Objection. If this is about a boy, I think I should know," Tony argued, like a little kid.

"Nope, I'll tell you about it later. Out now," Pepper said.

Tony let out a huge sigh as he helped Rhodey to his feet. The two then walked out of the room, and Pepper turned back to Madison.

"What's their name?" Pepper asked as soon as the door closed.

Madison looked up and gave a weak smile, "His name is Peter."

"You mean the Spider-Man; the one that was in D.C. with you?" the woman replied.

The younger Stark gave a nod, "That's the one."

"So what happened?" Pepper asked.

Madison let out a sigh as she started to speak, "He ditched our team in Washington so he could go after some people I didn't want him to go after. He promised me he wouldn't, but he did anyway."

"Does Peter know how you feel?" the redhead questioned.

"He does now. I kinda went off and told him about it while I was yelling at him," Madison answered.

Pepper gave a smile, "Do you want to go to Homecoming with him?"

"Yeah. I do. Even though I am mad at him, I can't seem to hate him. Normally I would, but he is stuck in my head," the girl admitted.

"Sounds a lot like me and your father," Pepper laughed, "Look, I just say talk to him. Because if it is like Tony and I, then no matter how stupid he may be, don't let him go. You won't find another one like him."

Madison thought about that advice. It made sense. But she had no idea if she wanted to take it.