𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

"Hey, Dad?" Madison called out from the floor of the lab.

A second later her father responded, "Yeah, Princess."

"Can you hand me the screwdriver?" the girl asked, trying to hold the old projector together.

Madison was working on bringing it back to life, so she could have an old school movie night. Peter was supposed to be coming over and having dinner with Madison, Rhodey, Pepper, and Tony. It was something Madison wanted so she could enjoy a night with the people she cared about most.

Tony rolled to her in his chair, holding out the tool. The girl looked up and gave a smile, "Thanks."

She took the screwdriver and started to do the finishing touch ups to the machine. Madison put the final screw in place and then sat back and onto her elbows. A smile was plaster on her face as she looked up at her dad again.

"Does it work?" Tony asked, looking down at Madison with a smirk.

The girl gave a small shrug, "I sure hope so. I've spent all day reprograming it so it connects to my phone."

Tony leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, "Well then test it, Princess."

Madison gave a small nod and stood up off of the floor. She walked over to where the white sheet was hanging up; placing down the projector and hooking it up into the wall, the girl grabbed her phone out of her father's hand. Who was holding out to her. She pressed the power button and then took a step back.

Once she saw the light flash on the screen, she connected her phone and waited for a few seconds. A wide grin stretched across Madison's face once she saw her lock screen picture pop up on the wall. It was a picture of her and Peter. Peter was smiling like a little kid while Madison was giving him a kiss on the cheek. One of Madison's favorite things about the picture was that it was an off guard of Peter. It was a completely random moment, but it showed a lot in Madison's eyes.

The girl's father started to clap. Tony stood up and wrapped his arm around Madison, "You did great. Looks like you didn't need my help after all."

"You weren't gonna help me even if I desperately needed it," Madison replied, "Which I find a little unfair."

"How is it unfair?" Tony asked, cocking his head to the side.

Madison rolled her eyes, "You wouldn't help me redo this projector, but last time I checked I have helped you with almost all of your suits and I helped you create a new element before."

"Those were life or death situations. Not even on the same level, Princess. And I watched just in case you made something explode," Tony stated, giving Madison a wink.

The girl let out a huff, "I can make something explode at will. I'm pretty sure I could also stop something from exploding. It's not like I haven't done it countless of times."

"Oh God, your ego is almost as big as mine," her father frowned, but not in a sincere way.

"You wish my ego was even close to yours. That way you wouldn't feel superior to everyone like you always do," Madison shot back with a smirk of her own.

Tony put a hand on his heart dramatically as he pretended to be in pain, "Ouch, Princess. You're breakin' my heart here."

The girl gave a simple shrug, "I have to keep you grounded. It's one of my jobs."

"Is it now?" her father asked as he raised an eyebrow, "May I ask what the others are?"

"Keeping you alive and making sure you stay good to Pepper," Madison answered, playfully shoving Tony.

The man pushed Madison away, causing her to laugh. Tony crossed his arms and let out huff, "I'm the one supposed to be keeping you alive and making sure you're good to Peter. After all I am older than you."

"And you're doing an amazing job," Madison replied as she gave her father a kiss on the cheek, "Peter should be here soon though, and I think dinner is ready."

"You know, I still haven't given Peter the 'Dad Talk' and it's been what four months," her father stated, walking out of the room with Madison.

The girl gave her father a look, "Dad, the last time Peter had the 'Dad Talk' his life was threatened."

Tony gave a nod, "And that's exactly what is going to happen when we have out little pow-wow."

"Dad, no," Madison sighed, "Like Peter literally almost died that night. Homecoming, remember? When he stopped Liz's dad from robbing us."

"Oh I know, I know. I'm not going to actually kill the kid. I'm just going to let him know that if he hurts you then it won't be very good for him," Tony stated, giving Madison a shrug and throwing up his hands as he spoke.

Madison rolled her eyes, "You cannot be mean to my boyfriend. I was never mean to Pepper."

"Pepper practically raised you, Princess. And she is my fiancé not girlfriend," Tony said, holding up his finger.

"Number one, she was you're girlfriend for, like, ever. Number two, you can thank Peter for that, because it never would have been official if he didn't turn down your offer," Madison shot back.

Tony's mouth dropped, "That is not true."

"Yes it is," Madison objected, "And you know it."

By now both of them were in the kitchen and looking at the table that was set for all five of the people that were going to be eating. Rhodey and Pepper were finishing up the food and laughing and talking to each other. Madison looked at her father who hadn't said a reply yet, "I win."

"You always seem to beat me," Tony laughed.

"Seems like you and Peter have that in common," Madison laughed, "Because I always crush him at Laser Tag."

Just then a doorbell sound rang out in the kitchen, alerting that someone was at the front door of the living part of the building. Madison felt a smile come across her face at the sound.

"Speak of the devil. I'll go get him and then he can tell you all about how I always win," the girl stated as she skipped away. The happiness shown all over her face.