𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Madison watched with tears streaming down her face. Rhodey was laying on a table, about to go in for a CT-scan. Fear took control of Madison's body as she sat still in her chair, her elbows resting on her knees and her hands covering her mouth.

Hours had passed and Madison had picked off all of the nail polish that was on her nails. Her side hurt slightly from the stun dart that Natasha had shot her with. She was now able to feel it after the adrenalin was gone.

Tony was looking as well, Vision was right beside him. "How did this happen?" the billionaire asked.

"I became distracted," Vision answered.

"I didn't think that was possible," Tony replied, a little shock in his voice.

Vision shook his head, "Neither did I."

Madison continued to stare at her uncle as Tony walked over to her. He crouched down in front of his daughter and put his hands on her knees. "Are you alright?" Tony asked, his voice was full of concern.

"I did this," was all Madison said, not bothering to look at her father.

Tony gave a sigh, "Princess, you didn't do this."

"Yes I did," Madison countered, "I let Steve go. If I hadn't done that then Rhodey wouldn't be laying on that table."

"Maddi, you did not let Steve go. That was Natasha," Tony replied.

The younger Stark then met her fathers eyes, "No. She stunned me to cover it up. I gave the okay. I let him go and now Rhodey is hurt. It's my fault."

Tony went quite for a minute, trying to find the right words to say. Madison started to cry once more, "I'm so sorry. I made a mistake. I thought I was doing the right thing. I screwed up."

"Yes, you did screw up," Tony finally spoke. He then pulled her into a hug, "But it's okay, this isn't your fault. Mistakes were made by everyone. You shouldn't have even been there."

"I wanted to be there," Madison stated, returning the hug.

Tony nodded his head, "I know. But it was dangerous and I shouldn't have let you go. You shouldn't have been put into the position the make those decisions."

"Dad, tough decisions always have to be made. You can't always protect me from them," Madison spoke as she pulled away and looked her father in the eyes.

Tony gave a sigh, "I know, but I have been a pretty crappy father lately though. And that's my fault. I have just been trying and it's hard with Pepper being gone and everything that is going on."

"I know," Madison smiled, "It's like every time Pepper leaves things go to shit."

Tony returned the smile, "You got that right. But I promise I will be a better father. And we can work everything out as soon as I finish this whole ordeal."

"You're the best dad anyone can ask for. Don't ever doubt that," Madison said as she pulled Tony back into a hug.

"I love you, Princess," Tony replied as he reembraced his daughter.

"I love you too, Dad," Madison sighed. They held each other for a minute and then Tony pulled away, "I have to go, but I will be back later. In the mean time can you go check on Peter. He got tossed around pretty bad."

Madison wiped her face and nodded her head, "Yeah, okay. I'll go check up on him. Will you call me once you know anything?"

"Of course, Princess," Tony answered as he stood up. Madison followed his actions.

The two said goodbye to each other and went their sperate ways. Madison then made her way to the hotel Peter was staying at. She took a Taxi to the building, and an hour later she arrived.

Madison paid the driver and walked into the building. A few minutes went by and she was standing at Peter's door. When she knocked she only had to wait a few seconds before the door opened.

Peter stood there in his pajamas. He was wearing a grey NASA t-shirt and plaid pants. His hair was wet, and Madison assumed he had just gotten out of the shower. And he seemed to be in the middle of brushing his teeth, for there was a tooth brush hanging from his mouth. There was also a black eye starting to form.

Madison gave a small smile. Peter's face dropped as he registered who it was. He took the tooth brush out of his mouth, "You've been crying. Are you okay?"

"I'm supposed to be asking you that," Madison laughed weakly; she entered the room and turned around as Peter shut the door.

The boy walked over the little sink next to the door and rinsed out his mouth. He sat his toothbrush down and then walked over to Madison. "I'm fine," Peter replied, "But something is bothering you."

Madison gave a huge sigh as she sat on the bed, "Am I that much of an open book?"

"No, but when it's someone like you... people can't help but notice," Peter answered, sitting down next to her.

Madison didn't say anything else for a few minutes. Thoughts swarmed her mind and tears started to slide down her cheeks. Peter saw this and frowned, "If you don't want to tell me then you don't have to."

"No, no," Madison said as she looked up, "It's just a lot of stuff. My family is so jacked up right now and it will never be the same. And my uncle is in the hospital and will most likely be paralyzed and it's my fault."

Madison continued to rant and cry to Peter. She didn't know why but she felt safe talking about everything with him. And he listened. Peter didn't say a word as Madison spoke, he just looked at her and paid attention.

Soon Madison was in complete sobs by the time she finished talking. Peter still didn't say anything, but he pulled Madison in a hesitant hug, as if he was afraid to touch her without her permission.

Once the girl saw the gesture she embraced him and started to cry even more. "I'm so sorry. I probably seem really needy," Madison cried as she laid her head on his chest.

"Not at all. We may not have the same situation, but I do know what it's like to lose someone," Peter replied as he rested his chin on Madison's head.

The younger Stark squeezed Peter as tears continued to fall down her face. They stayed like that for a while, and soon Madison began to calm down.

She was still crying but not a violently as before, it was just silent tears now. Peter didn't let go of her as they sat on the bed, sitting in silence. The boy just held her as she cried, occasionally stroking her hair and trying to calm her down.

Madison felt calm in Peter's arms; she wasn't sure why. She didn't know him very long, but she had never felt closer to someone like this. It was one of the strangest feelings that Madison had ever experienced. It wasn't a bad thing though.

It was comforting. Hugging Peter and listening to his heart beat put her in a safe place of mind. It made her feel a calm she didn't know she could feel. it was like an instant connection was formed between the two in that moment. It was weird, but it was good.

Normally Madison would have pushed away by now. However, she felt drawn to stay put. So that's what she did. Peter didn't object and continued to hold the girl. And the two stayed there for what seemed like forever, not saying anything but sitting in silence.