𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Madison walked over to the door and reached out a shaking hand. She pushed open the door and ran out into the street, her need to protect taking over her body. People were screaming and running away. Some were even crying. People in their cars got out and started to run because of how slow traffic was moving.

The girl looked around, and tried to find the source of people's terror. She looked at a woman who was on the ground, crying and shaking. Madison took a step closer and saw the woman had eyes that were jet black. As if she was possessed.

Stumbling backwards, Madison saw the black colored smoke seeping through the streets, affecting everyone who came in contact with it. The girl jumped into an alleyway to dodge a man who came charging at her, rage shown completely on the man's face.

She twisted her bracelet as soon as she was out of site. Madison's suit started to cover her body, the metal like latex eventually making it to her face in a matter of seconds. Once the suit was fully on, Madison sprinted back into the street.

A woman was floating in the air, her signature black mist now more visible. Madison knew exactly who it was: Nemesis. She was making everyone around her go crazy. People were now fighting the air, or collapsing to the concrete out of their worst fear.

Madison stuck out her hands and started to manipulate the air. Causing all of the blackness to retreat up into the sky. People the quickly began to snap out of the trance, and then they all began to look at Madison.

"Everyone get out of here! Now!" the girl screamed, still not taking her eyes off Nemesis.

The villain turned around and looked at Madison. A smile creeping onto her face. People started to clear the streets as Nemesis began to get closer and closer. Fear began to seep through Madison's veins, feeling the control that the woman was trying to gain over her.

The younger Stark shook her head, trying to keep her fear at bay. The girl stuck out one hand and used the air around her to shove Nemesis backwards, "Don't come any closer."

"Oh you're just to cute," the woman laughed, "Say, where are the rest of the Avengers, Madison?"

A chill ran through Madison as her real name was mentioned. She had her suit on, there was no way in the world anyone knew her identity. But yet, here was this woman who did. A woman who was terrorizing the whole country. Someone who Madison had never seen a day in her life until now.

"What did you just call me?" the girl asked.

Nemesis gave a wicked smile, "I called you Madison. That's your name isn't it?"

"No. No it's not. I don't even know you," Madison replied as she stuck out her hand once more sending the air around her towards the woman. Making her slam into a building.

The villain steadied herself and gave another smile, "I was gonna go easy on you, but suit yourself."

Nemesis then flew towards Madison, and the girl only dodged her my a millimeter. The girl turned around and faced Nemesis. She was now steadying herself, because now she was in the air after using the air to push herself out of the way.

The woman in black whipped around, the creepy smile now gone and anger taking over her face. Madison gave a small shrug and a cocky smile, "Come on, Grandma. You gotta be quicker than that if you wanna catch me."

"Who knew you would grow up to be such a brat," Nemesis scoffed, sending a blast of black magic towards Madison.

The girl was then knocked back by it, flying onto the concrete. Madison then slammed her palm on the ground; causing the Earth to shake and knock Nemesis off of her feet while Madison stood back up.

Madison then went running after the woman. She made her hand combust into fire as she used her other hand to manipulate where she wanted the fire to go and stay. Madison formed a ring of fire around Nemesis, trapping her in the tight space.

"I'm only a brat to people who think they know me," Madison spoke, already tired of the whole situation.

Nemesis then flashed another sadistic smile and then let out a spine shivering laugh, "Oh, I do know you. You're Madison Stark, the girl who was never supposed to be born in the first place."

"What did you just say?" Madison asked, taken aback by what the woman had just said.

She had no idea what it meant, but it stuck a chord in Madison's mind. Throwing her off balance and creating a sense of anger. The fire around Nemesis then began to grow with every second that Madison became more angry.

"I should know," Nemesis stated as she appeared on the other side of Madison, "because I'm the one that tried to get rid of you, but, no, you just had to be a fighter."

Madison tried to turn around in order to fight back, but it wasn't fast enough and she was sent flying into Delmar's. Glass fell everywhere as the window Madison crashed into shattered upon impact. The wind was knocked from Madison's lungs as she felt the blood seeping from her forehead.

The girl looked at her hand and saw her glove was covered in blood. More people around her were screaming. But the little boy from earlier came up to Madison with a paper towel, a smile was on his face as if nothing wrong was happening.

Madison gave the boy a look as he wiped her forehead. She then saw Nemesis out of the corner of her eye, and grabbed the boy and hid behind a counter. Madison gave a fake smile, "Thanks kid."

"My name is Miles," the boy cheered, happy to be helping out a superhero.

"I love that name," Madison replied as she glanced over the store shelf, "Can you do me a favor and go find your parents?"

The kid then gave a rapid nod and took off, running to the back of the store. Once he was out of sight Madison flew out of the store and used the water to put out the fire she had created. Nemesis was directly in front of her, still smiling like a madwoman.

Madison was knocked back once more, this time landing into the brick part of the building. She was about to charge at Nemesis once more, but then she heard a noise.

She looked up into the sky and saw her father in his Iron Man suit. Peter was hanging off the suit by a web. When the two dropped on the ground Madison stood up, glad that she had people to help her now.

But, when she looked back at where Nemesis was standing, the villain was gone. She had completely vanished.