𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"We have now entered sudden death, the next correct answer wins the championship," The announcer spoke.

Everyone on both teams were nervous. And Madison was fiddling with her hands like crazy for many reasons. They were in a tie with their rivals, she had a bad feeling, and Peter never showed up.

The question that was asked was completely blocked out the question that was asked. Micelle the tapped the buzzer, causing Madison to bring herself back into reality.

"Midtown Tech," the woman spoke, giving her team permission to answer.

Michelle thought for a moment and then she answered, "Zero."

"That is correct," The announcer stated, clapping her hands.

The whole team started to scream and hug one another. Everyone had ecstatic that they had just one nationals. Madison hugged her friend, happy for her answering the final question.

After they received their trophy the team decided to check out the Washington Monument, which was exactly where they were now. Everyone besides Michelle were standing in the elevator, listening to a women talk.

"The Washington Monument is Five-hundred-fifty-five feet, five and one-eighth inches tall. Notice how the marble and granite are cut around the stone," The monotoned tour guide informed.

Madison gave a slight yawn, not really interested in what she was saying. Her mind was still halfway focused on Peter, he hadn't even called her back, which worried her a lot.

While giving a sigh, something purple started to explode. Everyone in the elevator looked around as Ned dropped his backpack to the floor. It was singed and Madison knew he had the purple rock.

She went for her wrist and remembered that she didn't have her suit. And this time she actually may need it.

"Oh, my God," Flash gasped, "Look at the ceiling."

"Just stay calm, everyone," Madison stated, ready to use her powers even if it meant showing who she was.

Abraham looked up, "Oh, we are all going to die here."

"No, we're not," Madison replied, "Don't think like that."

Charles was looking out the glass, "We're freakin' screwed."

"Okay guys, I know that was scary, but our safety systems are working," the tour guide tried, "We're very safe in here."

Madison had a feeling she was lying, or at least she had no idea what she was talking about. A ranger then opened the doors and Cindy is pulled out of the elevator, "Let's go. Give me your hand."

Everyone started to get out of the elevator through the top of it. And soon Mr. Harrington looked around, "Okay, who's next?"

"Me, it's my turn!" Flash yelled, shoving Liz out of the way.

"Flash, seriously?" Ned huffed, "What are you doing?"

Flash was boosted up and carried the team trophy with him. Madison rolled her eyes as she nervously waited for him to be pulled out. The elevator started to shake even more. And before Madison knew it, Flash was pulled up and the elevator gave way.

Everyone that was left in the elevator started to scream as Madison stuck her hands out. She slowed it down, almost stopping it before a web shot out and latched onto the roof.

They stopped falling for a brief second before the elevator dropped again. It took Madison off guard and caused her not to be able to catch them again. But a figure in a red an blue suit fall into the elevator.

Spider-Man shot out another web and stuck his feet to the ceiling, stopping the elevator from falling once more. He started to pull them up as he cleared his throat.

"Ahem. Hey, how you doing? Don't worry about it. I got you," Peter spoke, making his voice sound deeper.

"Yes! Yes!" Ned shouted swinging his fist in the air, causing the elevator to shake.

Peter looked at him and yelled, "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around."

"Sorry, sir. So sorry," Ned apologized. Peter continued to pull them up as they made it to the top.

Madison ushered everyone off before her as Peter spoke, "Alright. This is your stop."

The girl goes to get off the elevator, trying to reach Mr. Harrington's hand. She tried to grab it, but the metal gives out from under her.

Every thing around her slows down as Madison starts to full. She see Peter shoot a web at her hand. The girl uses the air around her to steady herself, and once she feels the web latch onto her, she lets go so no one will notice she had stopping herself.

When Madison is back on the actual stable part of the building, she lets out a breath when she sees everyone was safe.

She stares at Peter, for a split second she wants to say something. But then he falls as the web holding him snaps.

Later that day, after many interviews and checkups, Madison is sitting her hotel room. Staring at the webbing in her hand. She heard a knock and then someone entered her room.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked.

Madison didn't even bother to look at him as she spoke, "You promised."

"I know I did, but-" Peter tried as he stepped closer.

The younger Stark rose up off of her bed and spun around, "No. No buts, Peter. You made me a promise and you broke it. And for what? To try and prove that you can handle being an Avenger?"

"Maddi, I-" Peter said, but was cut off once more.

"No, you want to be an Avenger so badly," Madison said as she stepped closer, "You think you can handle it. And maybe you could, but I know that I can barely handle it. My family has been torn apart. You should know. You were there."

"And I decided to become your friend and trust you and care for you. Hell, I even developed feelings for you, Peter. And you know what you do? You lie to me and go behind my back and do the one thing I asked you to stay away from," she stated, her hands clenched and tears forming in her eyes.

Peter looked at her and shook his head, "What?"

"Yeah. You heard me," Madison stated, "I liked you. I still like you. Why? I have no clue in the world now. I thought I could trust you. I wanted you away from those people because you could have gotten hurt."

"I'm sorry," Peter sighed. Madison shook her head, "Peter, I'm not even angry anymore. I'm upset. I'm sad that you left me waiting for you alone by the pool. I was waiting for you to show up so we could talk."

"And you know what I wanted to talk about? I wanted to talk about Homecoming. Because I thought, 'Hey if I like one of my friends, why not take a step and ask him?' But you never showed. And that hurt," She said, her voice cracking.

Tears were flowing down her face as she grabbed her suit case, "And now I just look like an idiot for thinking that I could possibly have someone who had known me for two months and already knows almost everything about me to even look at me that way. To think that they would actually keep their promise and stay out of danger because I didn't want them to get hurt. But I guess that's just life."

With that she then walked out of her room, not giving Peter time to respond. That whole conversation just broke Madison's heart. She had told Peter everything, and then she left. But she couldn't stay and listen to him, not if he was just going to lie.