One

"I can't wait until this semester is over," I grumbled to myself as I walked into the classroom where my Psychology class was being held

"I can't wait until this semester is over," I grumbled to myself as I walked into the classroom where my Psychology class was being held. The professor wasn't in yet, thankfully but since I was running late, the only seats that were left were the ones in the front, near the where the professor would be. I blew out a frustrated breath before making my way over to the seats and sitting down, pulling out the assignment that was due today that I had just finished late last night.

Just as I got the paper out, I heard the door open and slam shut, signaling the professor, Professor Bergland coming in. I tensed up immediately, waiting for him to come to the front and look at us like he judging us silently.

I watched as he did indeed look around before he made eye contact with me. His scowl deepened making me cower in my seat and look away. He always had a way of making me feel like a little child even when though he wasn't talking to me. I tried my hardest to just ignore the looks and the just focus on the work, whenever he would actually give it out.

"Good morning class," he muttered, loud enough for everyone to hear. Most of the class responded while the other half of the class (which included me), didn't say anything.

I could feel his glare on me. "Ms. Ramos." he started. I bit my lip hard before looking up at him. I watched as he stared at me with no emotion at all on his face. I sighed hard and waited for him to say something, anything instead of just staring at me. "I said good morning," he repeated. I sighed before nodding.

"Good morning," I mumbled back. He smirked before looking down at the assignment I had sitting in front of me.

"Everyone pass up the assignment, please," he yelled, walking over to the small table he had sitting in the front of the room. It wasn't necessarily a desk but that's what he used it as when he had a class in session. He had another desk in the small room connected to the classroom which is his office. I've never been inside of it, but I would assume it's small. It looks small from the outside.

"Ms. Ramos," he called out again. I sighed before making eye contact with him. "What is a neuropsychological evaluation?" he asked. I swallowed hard, trying to remember everything I did last night.

"Um," I muttered before biting my lip hard. "It's an assessment of skills and abilities that are linked to brain function."

"And what are the eight things that it measures?" he asked, crossing his arms. I used my teeth to scrape my bottom lip, nervously.

"Me?" I asked. He nodded with a slight attitude. "Attention, problem-solving, language, I.Q, memory, uh," I paused as I tried to remember the other four things. He chuckled humorlessly before looking around.

"Everyone, don't be like Ms. Ramos." He said making me slide down in my seat in embarrassment. He always seemed to make a way to humiliate me, every class. It's like he made it his duty to do so. Like it was in the lesson plan. Every. Damn. Day.

"Can somebody tell me what the rest of the things that a neuropsychological evaluation measures?" He asked. I don't even listen as someone else answered the question. I was too embarrassed and honestly pissed that he even embarrassed me. I just counted the minutes until his class was over.

Once he dismissed us, I quickly packed up my things then ran out of the classroom to my car so I could get to my car as quick as possible. When I got to my car, I slammed the door closed after me then put my head on the steering wheel, trying so hard not to break down and cry.

After about thirty minutes, I started the car and turned my music on and started the short journey to my house. I stopped midway, getting lunch then continued on home.

When I walked into the house, I dropped my keys into the bowl next to the door then took my shoes off. "Dad?" I shouted. I didn't really know if he was home or not.

His car was in the driveway but that didn't mean anything. He sometimes had carpooled with some of his coworkers during the week, to save gas and all that jazz and I'm not sure if he did ride carpool with them today or even if he went into work. He didn't have to go into the office half the time anyway.

"In my office." I heard him shout back finally. I smiled before making my way up to his office which just was the third bedroom that we changed into his office.

I skipped up the steps quickly then headed towards my father's office and smiled when I saw him sitting behind his desk, focusing on something on the computer. He looked up at me just as I smiled and smiled back. "Hi, sunshine. How was school?" he asked standing up and walking over to me. He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead.

"Eh, it's college," I mumbled. He chuckled and pulled away to look me in the face.

"You do look kind of stressed, Har. What you got a lot of homework?" he asked. I nodded with a pout.

"I have an essay due next week that has to be ten pages long and have about twelve other assignments due before this week is up and then midterms. But also my professor in psychology hates my guts. And I didn't even do anything to him." I whined. He chuckled lightly before shaking his head.

"I have faith in you Harmoni. You'll do perfectly fine. You know you'll able to do all those assignments and then turn around and ace midterms. You have my genes in you. We're always able to do it when we put our mind to it." he said positively. "And so what if that professor doesn't like you? I love you. That's all that matters." I smiled gratefully at my father and then nodded.

"You know what? You're right. I'll get through it." I said, pepping myself up. My father nodded eagerly.

"That's the spirit," he commented before kissing my forehead. "Now, you go on and start working on your homework while I fix dinner." I smiled, kissing his cheek then running out his office to my room. I heard him chuckle lightly behind me, at what, I have no idea. But he laughed.