Nine

"I'm sorry," he said quickly

"I'm sorry," he said quickly. I raised my eyebrow but didn't say anything. If that was his version of an apology, it was weak as shit and I don't forgive him. I mean, I didn't even know if I wanted to forgive him at all. He said some really disrespectful things.

"Mmm," I mumbled as I brought my drink back to my lips. He opened his mouth to say something before closing and shaking his head.

"I realized what I said was insensitive. I-I know. And I'm really sorry. I loved your mother more than anything. I still love her. But I was hurt, still, am hurt knowing that she left me alone with you."

"You did the same to her." my father sighed before nodding.

"I did but..." he swallowed. "I'm a fuck up. I fuck up from time to time. I let things get the best of me and I don't think. Like when I confronted your professor or when I said what I said to you. I apologize for not being a better man both father wise and husband wise to you and your mom. And I just, I know I can't make it up to her. But I would like to make it up to you." I swallowed hard, staring at my father.

"And how would you make it up?"

"I'm not doing this to buy your forgiveness or anything like that. This is simply just a father-daughter bonding trip." I blinked as he slid an envelope across the table. I picked it up before opening it and seeing tickets to Disney World.

"Dad, I'm eighteen, not eight."

"I know how you said you always wanted to go. So I bought us tickets," he said with a sad smile on his face. "Better late than never right?" I pursed my lips together.

"Don't you have to work?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I took two weeks off. So I could spend time with my favorite girl in the whole wide world." I smiled weakly before shrugging.

"I guess we're going to Disney World."

***

Chance came over later, even though I was still mad at him for telling my father, I didn't blame him, my father is intimidating. We just watched movies and ate popcorn. I fell asleep with my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me protectively. When I woke up, he was still sleeping. I quickly crawled out of bed and took a quick shower.

I already knew my father was gone, having to work today and today would be the last day he would be working for two weeks. So he was doing a lot so he wouldn't be too far behind while he was off. I understand he was trying to make up for lost time but, we were only going to be in Disney World for three days, what are we doing the other eleven that he had to take off?

When I got out of the shower, Chance was up, scrolling through his phone. He looked up at me when I walked back in the room and smiled. "Good morning beautiful." he greeted.

"Good morning." I mumbled as I walked into my closet. I started searching for an outfit when I heard him moving around.

"What's the moves for today?" he asked as he stood in front of my closet door.

"Well, I have to pack for a trip I'm going on with my father," I mumbled, pulling out a gray t-shirt.

"Ouu, where y'all going?"

"Disney World," I answered. He nodded.

"Sounds fun. But that means you're just going to leave me here all by myself. You want me to fend for myself."

"You got your frat friends," I suggested. He let out a sound that sounded like laughing but it wasn't a full laugh.

"They aren't my friends, babe. Only you." I looked back out to him and rolled my eyes.

"It'll only be three days," I told him as I pulled my underclothes on under my towel.

"Three days too long. I need my Hari Bari." I laughed at the nickname he gave me, remembering when he first called me that. I shook my head.

"I'll call you every day." I promised as I then pulled some pants on.

"It's not the same," he pouted. "I need you here. You're the air I breathe. The water I need to drink." I rolled my eyes, yet again. This motherfucker is irritating and needy. I'm not even his girlfriend. There was a knock on the front door making both of us look towards my bedroom door.

"You order something?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I just woke up as you got out of the shower." He told me. I nodded before nodding towards the door.

"You get it. You're the man here." He smirked before nodding.

"I am, aren't I?" He quickly left the room to answer the door and I took that opportunity to pull on my shirt and socks. I heard Chance walking back up the stairs as I pulled the sock on my left foot. I looked up, seeing him holding a bouquet.

"What's that?" I asked. He held it out to me.

"Someone brought this for you." He said with a raise of his eyebrows. I took it gingerly before looking for a card. I finally found it and flipped it over so I could see any writing. I saw the writing and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?" Chance asked, concerned I guess. I shook my head.

"Nothing." I mumbled. "It's from my Dad." I mumbled aloud.

"Aww, that's sweet." I nodded as I set the flowers on my dresser. "Wait, is it your birthday?" He asked making me turn to him with a deep frown.

"My birthday is in July, stupid." I reminded his dumbass. He laughed and nodded.

"Right. Why did he give you?" He asked. I held out the card to him so he could read it. He scanned it quickly before smiling.

"Aww your dad is sweet." Chance looked up at me. "What he buy you these for?" I shrugged.

"I don't even know. But it's a nice gesture." I stated as I smelled them. "And they're beautiful."