Eighteen

I didn't know what to do

I didn't know what to do. I didn't kiss him back because... I was in shock. I mean, Anders' lips were on mine. He was practically my step-uncle and his lips were on mine, moving around desperately trying to get me to kiss him back, but as I said before, I am in shock.

He pulled back and stared at me. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. I stared at him wordlessly, not knowing what to say. "I shouldn't have done that," he said softly, moving away from me. I was frozen in shock. I mean, he just kissed me. And I'm not even going to lie, I liked it.

I listened on deaf ears as he continued to babble on about how sorry he was. My lips tingled from the kiss. I reached up, to touch my lips and stared at him. He stopped talking and raised an eyebrow.

"Are... are you... OK?" he asked timidly. I licked my lips gently before nodding.

"Yeah," I whispered. I watched as he visibly gulped.

"Say something else, please." he pleaded. I had opened my mouth to talk just as the patio door opened. I moved out of his grip to look up at who it was. Bianca and my father walked out onto the porch with us then sat across from us and stared at us. I could see my father's eyes wandering over the both of us, trying to scope out why we were acting weird but I didn't look directly in his eye, knowing he'd somehow figure it out.

"You good?" he asked. I looked up at him, still avoiding eye contact. I hummed and nodded just as Bianca spoke up.

"What lip gloss do you have on? It's a beautiful shade." she complimented. I furrowed my eyebrows before grabbing my phone and opening my camera to look at my lips. Surely enough, they weren't their normal color and were a little swollen. I pouted before locking my phone back and shrugging.

"It's just this lip plumping chapstick." I lied before looking out at the sky, hoping everyone else would drop the subject. But my hopes were always too much to ask for.

"When'd you get that?" my father asked just as Bianca asked, "Where'd you get it?" I sighed before looking over at Bianca and Bianca only. I didn't want to make eye contact with my father and I definitely didn't want to face the man sitting next to me. The only person I could actually look at without feeling like I was going to break down, was Bianca.

"Victoria's Secret," I answered, saying the first thing that came to my mind. "When I went with Stacey to the mall." Bianca hummed before frowning.

"I wasn't aware that they had chapstick. They must have just got those."

"It's more of lip gloss." I corrected. Bianca nodded slowly as if she didn't believe me but didn't say anything. I swallowed nervously before looking out at the sky again. I really hope this conversation is over. But I could feel people looking at me and I knew it wasn't over.

"You said you never shopped in Victoria's Secret before." my father pointed out. I sighed, looking towards him but not at him. Like I said before, I didn't want to look him in the eye. He would know something was up immediately but I guess me acting weird would making him think something was wrong.

"I lied." I shrugged, still lying. I cleared my throat before looking into my father's eyes finally. "Can we get off the topic of me? How was your day?" I asked. My father frowned.

"We already had a conversation about that, Har. Are you ok?" he asked before reaching out and putting the back of his to my forehead. "You look a little flushed and you are a little warm," he muttered. Looking into my eyes. "Are you ok?" I took that as my chance to get away.

"I think it's just a headache," I muttered. "Maybe I need to take a nap." I looked over at Anders briefly, seeing he was already staring at me. I gulped before looking at my father again. "Yeah, I'm going to take a nap." I struggled pushing myself up and Anders offered to help but before I could decline, my father thought it was an amazing idea and thanked Anders. I cursed my father out mentally as Anders scooped me into his arms and carried me inside the house.

It was silent the entire time he walked up to the room and I didn't make a move to, not knowing what to say. When we got upstairs and out of earshot of everyone, Anders finally spoke up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry a million times, I'm sorry," he whispered. I shushed him before asking him to put me down. He slowly did so before staring at me.

"We'll talk some more later?" I asked. He raised his eyebrow before nodding eagerly.

"You don't hate me? Or even mad at me?" he asked nervously.

"No," I answered with a timid smile before kissing his cheek. "Good night," I whispered before hobbling into my room and closing the door behind me. Once the door was closed, I let out a shaky breath. "Fuck,"