Thirty-Four

Alcohol was the only thing on my mind lately

Alcohol was the only thing on my mind lately. Fuck Anders. Fuck school. Fuck my grades. I was drowning myself in alcohol. I didn't give a fuck about anything else, and it showed, and as I mentioned before, I don't fucking care.

My father and Bianca tried to talk to me, trying to coax me into coming out of my room but I wasn't going for it, nor was I going to do so. Chance and James have been trying to contact me for a week, but I haven't answered either one calls or texts. I know everyone's worried, since to some, it was random and out of the blue, but right now, I don't care.

I ran out of alcohol a while ago, so now I was sulking, starting to feel the effects of yet another hangover and I began to hate myself for putting myself in that situation. I knew it was a bunch of bullshit for me to deal with my professor. I knew it was a bunch of bullshit to deal with my 'step-uncle,' but I didn't listen to my mind when I was trying to reason.

So now, here I am, heartbroken, alone, and hungover.

After complaining about my headache for an hour, I finally came to terms to realize, that I wasn't going to sulk anymore. I jumped out of bed -- more like stumbled out of bed -- pulling off my sheets and throwing them in the hamper before getting in the shower and attempting to wash away my pains and worries.

I think I was in the shower for about an hour before I got out and got dressed as quickly as possible before making my way back in my room and let out a shriek as I saw the last person I'd expected to see in my room. He was sitting like he owned the place.

"What the fuck, Chance?" I seethed.

"You haven't been answering my texts or calls. It's nice to know you're ok." Chance looked over at me with his nose scrunched up. "Also it's nice to know that your room also smells like a bar. What the fuck, Harmoni?" I felt tears spring to my eyes immediately at the look he shot me.

"I'm sorry." I cried rushing into his arms. Chance shushed as he held me tightly.

***

After Chance had gotten me to calm down, he helped me make my bed, start my sheets in the washing machine and then fixed me something to eat. I ate the food slowly then we ventured back up to my now less bar smelling room, we both laid down and I cuddled up beside him.

We were silent for a while. Neither one of us wanted to say anything or knew what to say. I was getting comfortable in Chance's arms, trying to stay calm and relaxed. It wasn't until he started rubbing my back reassuringly that I began to relax some.

"Are you feeling any better?" he asked softly. I nodded against his chest and sighed. "So you want to talk about what's making you stay away from school and ignoring your texts or are we just going to act as nothing happened?" I pursed my lips together before sitting up to look at him. He watched me intently for a second before sitting up as well.

"He's married, and he has a kid," I whispered. I watched Chance's facial expression change from calm to anger in the matter of milliseconds.

"That asshole." he stood up.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to beat his ass."

"What? No. Chance. You beating his ass isn't going to do anything."

"Yes, the fuck it is. Harmoni, he fucking hurt you and I told his dumb ass to watch out and here he is doing dumb shit still. He knew he was married way before he started messing with you and he decides to drag you along as well? Hell no. Not on my watch. No." Neither one of us wanted to say the asshole's name. As if we said it too much, we would conjure him up like a demon or something. Or maybe it was because I still had to keep our unofficial relationship under wraps as he is practically my step-uncle.

"Chance, I'm not worried about it."

"I am. Harmoni, seeing you happy for even a little bit made me extremely happy and to see him do some bird ass shit to you after I warned him what would happen. He likes causing you pain, and it's not fair." he ranted.

"I'll be fine, Chance. I promise you."

"What are you going to do about your class?" he asked. I pursed my lips together before looking away.

"I pulled out of the class that next day I had found out." Chance sighed before pulling me back into his arms. "I hate him. I hate him so fucking much; it hurts."

"I know," he whispered as I cried into his chest.

"Can you please, help me forget him?" I asked. Chance tensed up beside me at my question then moved back to look at me.

"What are you asking, Harmoni?" he asked. I stared up at him with a small smile.

"Can we have a movie marathon?" I pleaded with another sniffle.

***

I went back to class a week after Chance had come over. James checked on me as well during the time, -James doesn't know the full story but he does know that I was heartbroken and luckily didn't ask more for more information- but while James was over, I found out that James and he were already friends, so we had become the three amigos practically immediately and even though we were pretty loud and rowdy at times, I know my father and Bianca were happy that I had gotten out of my funk and was back to a normal Harmoni.

Since I had dropped the class I had with Anders, I had a free period, actually had a couple of free periods because my next class wasn't until four and it was ten right now, but instead of going home, as I know I will get off track if I went there, I decided to stay in the library and work on the work I missed when I was gone. It was a lot and I'm mad at myself for allowing myself to get this far back, but I can't take it back now.

Halfway into one of three essays I had to do, I felt an unwanted presence across from me. I didn't even have to look up to know who it was.

"Are you not going to let me explain?" he asked lowly. I knew he didn't want people to hear our conversation -if I chose to respond it would turn into a conversation, right now it was more so of him talking at me and I'm barely listening-but we were in the library for fuck sakes. Everybody was quiet and I already knew these assholes would be nosy and would listen to every fucking thing being said. So I wasn't going to entertain his dumbass.

"I know you can hear me, Harmoni. Stop ignoring me." he growled out.