Twenty-Three

For the next couple of weeks, I stayed in the library every time his class was in session

For the next couple of weeks, I stayed in the library every time his class was in session. I didn't give a fuck, and I would not let myself give a fuck. Fuck Anders Bergland and everything about him. I give up on psychology. I'd chose a whole new major for all I fucking cared.

Since I was skipping his class, I decided to read ahead on my English class, I mean, it was the only thing I could do right now, so I took that option and ran with it. I completely zoned the outside world out as I read the book, getting lost in the concept and the plot of the story. I didn't even notice that it was getting late until I heard a chair get pulled out from in front of me.

I continued reading loving the book so far. I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up, seeing Professor Bergland sitting in front of me, staring at me with concern. "I was worried about you," he said softly. I scoffed, looking back down at the book, choosing to ignore him. "You haven't been to any of my classes in two weeks, Harmoni."

"I'm very aware of that," I muttered, trying to pick up where I left off in the book. But that was easier said than done, people, Professor Asshole, still wanted to talk to me.

"Why?" he asked. I frowned, looking up at him.

"Why am I aware that I haven't been to your class? Because I haven't gone." That was a stupid question to ask.

"No, why haven't you been to any of my classes?" I shook my head.

"I don't have to explain shit to you, Professor Bergland. If I wasn't in your class, what does it matter?"

"Because you have to take my class to pass."

"Again, I don't have to explain shit to you. If I wasn't in your class, so be it. Fuck it. I don't want to be in your fucking class anyway."

"I'm the only Professor here that teaches psychology." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll drop out of the major psychology program," I suggested with a shrug. At this point, I don't care.

"Don't do that."

"Nope. I can do whatever I want. I'm a grown ass woman, and I can do whatever the fuck I want." I chanted, not caring that I was getting loud and people were now watching us and listening to our conversation. Professor Bergland sighed. "If I said I was going to drop out, let me do it. It's not your priority to care about what I'm doing."

"That's where you're wrong. It is."

"No. It's not. Professor Bergland, I just wanted to read my book peacefully, and you're making it difficult."

"Har-."

"Ah," I stopped him, shaking my head. "No, it's Ms. Ramos remember." I reminded him with a bitter laugh. "Or did you forget?"

"Ms. Ramos," he said my last name as if it had left the nastiest taste in his mouth. I smirked, shaking my head. "Tell me why you're dropping out of the psychology program. You love it. You said it yourself, and now here you are, backtracking yourself for what? We have the best program here." I bit my lip before closing my book and shaking my head.

"But you have the most assholiest professor there is running the entire program." I spat standing up.

"That's not a word, Harmo-."

"I do not give one shit, two shits, a red shit, or a fucking blue shit. And if you say my name one more fucking time, I will not hesitate to fuck you up," I whispered in a threat.

"What is your problem?" he accused, now angry. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"What is my problem? You. You are my fucking problem. You act like I shouldn't be angry when we had the time our lives in Florida. I cried on your chest, and I broke down in front of you, and I don't do that to anyone," I started to tear up. "And you treat me like a piece of gum at the bottom of your shoe, and it's only me! No one else. You can't tell me that's fair. Because it's fucking not!" I shouted.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave." the librarian said. I looked over at her, wiping my tears and nodded.

"My pleasure," I said before swallowing hard. I snatched my things before walking towards the library doors, I could feel Professor Bergland hot behind me, but he didn't say anything.

"Stop following me," I spat, pushing open the doors and limping out of them as fast as I could but it wasn't fast enough to leave Professor bum ass.

"Talk to me, Harmoni. Like real adults." I spun around quickly to stare at him, almost giving myself whiplash.

"Did you talk to me like an adult when you basically told me to fuck myself? Hmm?"

"I didn't say that." He countered. I shrugged.

"You basically did."

"Doing something and basically doing something are entirely different things."

"Fuck you." He smiled as if I was amusing him.

"You said that already." He said with a wink. I pushed his chest as tears continued to stream down my face.

"I hate you." I spat. "I hate you so much; it fucking hurts," I said, my voice breaking as I spoke. I pushed against his chest again, trying to leave but he held me tight.

"And I don't have a reason to hate you?"

"No! I didn't do shit."

"You kissed my cousin." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Since you seem to know every damn thing, he kissed me. I then pushed him away immediately after because it didn't feel right because your dumbass was on my mind." I said crying harder. "But even if I did kiss him, that allows you to treat me like garbage?" I cried out. "I hate you. I hate you so much for making me like you and then turning around and making me miserable." I pushed him again, trying to get away.

"Harmoni, look at me." He told me. I shook my head, but he repeated for me to look at him. I looked up slowly, seeing him studying me. He brushed my hair out my face before wiping my tears.

"I hate you," I repeated as he leaned in.

"Me too," he muttered before pressing his lips to mine. This time, I didn't hesitate to kiss him back. I felt one of his hands, cup and caress my cheek while the other went around my waist, pulling me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck as our lips moved in sync.