Chapter 5

(2 years later)
Everything was cold to Chris, for the only warmth in his life had faded away. His room, once an enticing realm of childlike innocence, now reflected his worst nightmares. The rooms that belonged to his siblings were empty and barren of life. The house was too quiet for Chris to tolerate. At times, he would leap out the nearest window just to hear a bird chirp or wave to the mailman; the only speck of human life Chris ever saw anymore apart from his now overprotective, clingy father.
William had installed paddocks and bars on the windows to prevent this. He also banned Chris from leaving the house, often forcing the 10-year-old to assist him with animatronic designs and child-safe features for the robots. It was long and arduous work, and the man was grateful for the growing boy's boredom. Utilizing this would ensure that his plans succeeded. William chuckled as he added some bugs to the robots for the New Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, now being dubbed Fazbear's Jr's. This would make sure that the criminal recognition system would automatically glitch out four days after possession.
Perhaps he could also capture the soul of his eldest child in one of the new robots as well. Then, the family would be complete. William had located the others; all he wanted was to have Michael back. Despite the boy's mess-ups, suicide wasn't the answer William was looking for. This suicidal thought would be punished.
Chris hummed a familiar tune to himself as he dissected his Fredbear plush. Plucking out a small receiver and a transmitter, he smiled to himself. Daddy, are you proud of me now? He crushed the devices under his old, worn sneaker, his eyes alight with delight. He knew that something was up with that old bear. Someone had been spying on him. And, judging by the 'protection' installed around his house recently, Chris knew exactly who it was.
Chris wasn't a normal boy anymore. Left alone for two years with his thoughts and only Fredbear to speak to, he had matured at a rate that was far too fast for his age. He also had read every book in his house, played game after game of chess and Sorry! by himself, and solved the Rubicks cube again and again until he could solve one with his eyes closed and his hands behind his back. Hours of yoga, weight lifting using spare robot parts, and meditation had transformed the sniveling, crying child into a strong, determined individual. There was a negative side, however. Lack of sunlight had lead to a Vitamin D deficiency, resulting in the boy being more fragile. His skin was extremely pale and he was suffering from the effects of malnourishment.
Chris was broken, in a sense. And there was no way to 'fix' him.
The two men had learned to cooperate with each other well, but Chris often grew sick of seeing William's malicious, overly determined face. The father figure often had a malicious glint in his eyes and sometimes twitched or laughed at random moments. Therefore, Chris often isolated himself, leading to his antisocial behaviour and his distrust in others.
The mailman was the only reliable guy in the world, and Chris admired him for it. The white-haired man walked down the street, delivering the post every day except on Sundays. He had been working for the post office for over 70 years and loved his job. Sometimes, he would stop by Chris's window and have long-winded conversations with the curious, lonely boy. This man was the only reason Chris didn't just run away.
That, and he only had his father left in this cold, unforgiving world. Family had to stick together.
No
Matter
What
Right?