Chapter 31

They were broken, yet whole. They had removed the....useless parts and now were complete....to an extent.

Ballora was resistant, the only one who had clung to a shred of her humanity. She remained silent, but in the end she had to make a horrible choice, which she did so reluctantly.

Now her baby was gone, lost amid the chaotic streets of a once fair city.

Ever since Freddy's had closed its doors for the final time and the last families had emigrated to nearby cities, Bakersfield was nothing more than a shell of its former self. Crime was rampant, with the city police failing to contain it. More and more children disappeared to the point that every working family had either left or were homeschooling their children in order to protect them.

It didn't work, it didn't save the curious souls from the monsters that lurked in the shadows. They were gone, only 3 children under the age of 16 remaining in the city. It was truly painful for the few still living in Bakersfield, as the elders still remembered the laughter of the children that they had taken for granted.

Why was it that the sweetest and most innocent were the ones that lost their lives? Why wasn't it anyone else?

Soon, there would be nobody left in the city, for the last few residents were packing to move, having lost all hope of salvaging their homes, and in some cases, broken families.

Perhaps, if history had happened any differently, those affected by Freddy's may have remained happy with their families.

Fate, however, was a cruel mistress.