Chapter 18

William's eyes flew open. Staggering to his feet, he raced to his formerly breathing child's bedroom. He banged hard on the door, mentally pleading for Chris to open the door.
Silence was the only response he received.
"CHRIS!" William hollered. "CHRIS PLEASE OPEN UP! YOU'RE OKAY, RIGHT?"
Once again, there was nothing but the foreboding silence that responded to him.
William, finally losing all patience, kicked down the door, making a mental note to mend it later. After a quick glance into the room, he sank to his knees, sobbing.
His son's body hang from the ceiling in a tangle of metal cables and wiring. The boy's eyes we're rolled back into his head and his skin was deathly pale with a new, added tint of blue. The room smelled horribly disgusting, a disturbing blend of raw sewage, decay, and blood that one could only define as death.
Everything William had been working towards had been decimated in that moment; his dreams of bringing his family back were now in ruin. After all, what was the point if saving one when he failed to save the other from his own mentality? Both of his beloved sons (okay sort of beloved) had committed suicide, one out of guilt and the other....who knows?
Either way, what's done is done.
Tomorrow....oh yes.
Tomorrow will be a new day.