chapter 7

text message from brandon arreaga

brandon: what are you doing tonight

brooklyn: i have a meeting at 4 and then after im meeting up with lana and noah, your welcome to join

brandon: yeah sounds fun what time?

brooklyn: my house at 8

brandon: see you later 😊

brooklyn: 😎

later

"guys im telling you, ricos taco truck are the best in la" i said as i got into the pool joining noah and lana. "no, no, no matts meat truck is the best place to get tacos" noah replied. "i agree with brooklyn" lana said cheering our spiked seltzers. noah sighed and face palmed which made us laugh. we spent about 20 minutes in the pool just catching up, noah and lana have been my best friends for a while now probably about a year. our friend group was amazing but there were a few things that are different about our friend group, almost everyone that isnt in a relationship or has a love interest has a friend in our friend group. basically friends with benefits, its just easier this way and none of us have had problems with catching feelings for each other yet and it honestly brings all of us closer together because we all talk about it together. i know i know you are going to think its weird but, thats just our group of friends. so basically lana and noah are friends with benefits, me and jonah have been friends with benefits for like a year now but i called it off when i met brandon because he is really special to me.

it was 8:30 now and all of us were pretty drunk and it probably wasn't smart that we were in the pool but whatever. i went over to my phone and texted brandon because he was supposed to come over 30 minutes ago.

brookyln: where u at??🧐

brandon: sorry the guys and i got caught up in something, coming over now

brooklyn: hurry up 😐

read

i went back inside to wait for brandon and get some more drinks because we were out. the doorbell rung and i got it "heyy" i basically yelled at brandon. "heyyy" he replied and looked me up and down. i bit my lip "you like what you see?" i asked and turned to walk to the kitchen and grabbed the white claws off the counter. "i would be lying if i said no" brandon answered as we walked out to the pool. he saw lana and noah in the pool as we got closer and had a puzzled look on his face. i got in and opened a drink and motioned for Brandon to come in. "i dont have a bathing suit" he replied and walked to the edge of the pool. i looked up at him and pulled his pants down, which made him blush uncontrollably. "now you can swim in your underwear." i said and he didnt reply just took off his pants and shirt and jumped in.

if i didnt mention im drunk, which gives me a lot of confidence especially with flirting. brandon and i swam around in the deep end and just talked. we swam over to the opposite side of where noah and lana were making out and sat on this ledge that was in the pool. "want one?" i asked brandon as i picked up another drink. "nah im good" he replied "so whats up with them" he pointed to lana and noah who were really getting into each other. "friends with benefits its kinda a thing our friend group has." i replied, and then i thought fuck i didnt want him to know about that, i mentally face palmed. "do you have a friend?" brandon asked with a sad look on his face. "nah" i replied trying to stay calm "used to but i met this guy and he seemed special so i called it off" i turned to brandon and saw him smiling at me. he then reached for my hips, picked me up and placed me on his lap so i was straddling his legs. "thats one lucky guy" brandon said as he placed one hand on my ass and the other on my hip. "yeah he is" i replied and we began making out.