chapter 12

brooklyn's pov
taylor and i are at my house right now getting me ready for brandon and i's date. "comfy he said" i told taylor who was currently going through my closet finding me an outfit. "here put this on"she told me coming off of the closet shoving clothes into my hand (outfit above). "i like it it's cute but simple" i told her and took a picture in my mirror and posted it on my insta story with text over it that said "being comfy>>>>". "ok makeup time!" taylor said rushing over to me. she did my makeup and hair leaving makeup very natural and minimal and added a little product to my naturally wavy hair. "you look so good girl" she told me hyping me up. "stop in literally in sweats" i replied and looked at myself in the mirror. "you killed the whole look tay, thank you so much." "anything for my beautiful bestfriend. are you nervous to go on a date with lover boy?" she asked me laying in my bed. "yeah, but a good nervous, an excited nervous"

texts
lover boy 🐝: i'm outside
brooklyn🦋: coming now

"he's here" i told taylor as i grabbed my backpack and taylor and i walked towards the door. taylor and i walked out the door to see brandon standing in my driveway with 2 cute cruiser bikes. "bye girl, take care of my car" i told taylor as i threw her my car keys and she pulled away leaving brandon and i alone. "hey" "hey, i heard you love biking so here we are." brandon said motioning towards the bikes. i walked towards him and hugged him, i kept my arms wrapped around his shoulders and looked at him. "who told you?" i asked. "a little birdie" he said. "named carly?" i asked and laughed a little and he nodded "it's cute i love it, but one question why are you wearing a turtle neck and jeans it's hot out?" "well...." he said and pulled down the neck of his shirt to reveal the marks i left earlier this morning. "well now everyone knows your someone's lover boy" i replied and walked towards the pink bike. "i really don't like that nickname" brandon replied and laughed. "too bad it's already your contact name" i said and got ready to bike away.

"where to?" i asked "follow me" brandon said and started to bike towards the beach. we ended up biking along the pier and watched the sunset. "this is so beautiful" i said as i watched the sunset and rested my head on brandon's shoulder. "not as beautiful as you" he replied which was extremely cheesy but made me smile. i lifted my head from his shoulder and pouted my lips signaling for him to kiss me and he pecked my lips. as we sat there in a comfortable silence i thought to myself about what we were. we weren't dating but yet we were almost exclusive to each other. we have made out and we're going on dates but as of right now we're just kinda a thing? i don't know i don't want to rush into it because i really want this to work, but feel like it's too late for that. ugh.

"there is something i want to show you." brandon said nudging me and standing up and dusting off this butt. he reached out his arms to help me get up and we started to walk down towards underneath the pier. "what are we doing down here?" i asked him. "i'll show you" he replied and began to look at the wood pillars. "here" he said pointing to a spot on a pillar, it read 'beanz, a family'. "beanz?" i asked. "me and the guys" brandon replied "when ever i forget why i chose the path i did i come here and remember the day we write this. i remember that these guys are my brothers and they keep me going. i don't know i just thought that i'd show you." brandon scratched the back of his neck. "do you have keys in you?" i asked him and he felt his pockets and pulled out his house keys and gave them to me. underneath 'beanz, a family' i wrote '5/2/19'. "today's date?" brandon asked me. "yeah i'll tell you why later." i said and we began walking back to the bikes.

"ohh god there are the paparazzi" i said pointing to a bunch of flashing from far away. "come on let's get home" brandon said and pulled me so that we were running towards the bikes. we made it to the bikes and both of us were laughing historically because of the mad dash we just made. "thank you for an amazing night" i said as we pulled into my driveway on the bikes. "no thank you, im still wondering about why you carved the date into the pillar." brandon said as we stood at my front door. "i told you i would tell you later" i told him and smiled. "fine" he said and playfully rolled his eyes. "goodnight" he said and pecked my lips, " goodnight" i said as i walked into the house.

"dukey!" i yelled looking for my dog who usually met me at the door. where is he!? i thought to myself. "carly!" i yelled and no one answered. i walked into my kitchen and saw....