chapter 27

two weeks later

the guys had been on tour for a little over two weeks. i decided not to go with them because i really wanted to complete this project. i have constantly been on calls and in and out of offices to discuss harris independence records. all businessmen and women had given me their two cents on what i should do with my company, "your on the right path" "once you get big, sell" "im not sure you have it in you". all, well most of the feedback was polite but unhelpful, i knew i would have to reach out to the one person that would have valuable input. i stood on the door steps of the California mansion and rang the door bell. i waited patiently until the door was opened by a young women, dressed in business attire holding an iPad.

"hi im here to see Simon Cowell" i said to the lady trying to give her my best fake smile. she smiled back at me and laughed a little to herself, "do you have an appointment?" "no" i replied and she looked at me like i had ten heads, "simon is a very busy man, call and make an appointment." she then slammed the door in my face. i was taken back by her actions "rude" i said to myself. i took out my phone and dialed simons number, which i magically had. "hello?" he answered. "hi its brookyln" "um brookyln i wasn't expecting to hear from you" "im actually here at your house but the nice young lady slammed the door in my face" "ill come down and let you in myself" simon said and hung up the phone. i walked back towards the door that i had drifted from while i was on the phone.

"im not going to lie, im surprised your here" simon told brookyln as they sat across from each other in his office. "i need some advice and your the only one who i thought might have some valuable input." brooklyn admitted "im starting my own record label, harris independence records, and i need some input." brooklyn started. the two talked for about three hours about brooklyns new record label, simons confidence in her sparked something in her. as they talked brooklyn also realized how good of a guy simon was, not the mean grouchy person everyone thinks he is.

"how did it go?" brandon asked through the phone. "good, i didnt realize that he was actually a good guy, my dad made him sound like such a bad person." i told brandon and he laughed. "how long do you think?" he asked. "hopefully by the end of this month" i said truthfully. "wow, im so fucking proud of you, i want to be there with you." brandon said. "i want to be with you too, i miss you" i told him as i rested my head in my hands, and admired his perfect features. "i miss you too, one more month and then tour is over and we can spend every day together." brandon said reassuringly. last nights show was in Philadelphia, in four days they have a show in new york, which is home for me and eddy. what brandon doesn't know was that i was planning on surprising him. "august 20th" i said to him, "august 20th... ahhh i cant wait!" brandon screamed. "i started another song, this time with a beat and stuff" i told brandon while i walked to my lap top. "show me!" brandon said excitedly. (play body count by jessie reyez)

"stay on the phone?" i asked brandon and he nodded his head, we both drifted off to sleep on face-time, across the country from each other.