chapter 35

it's been a week since brandon and i broke up. in lighter news i talked to jonah and we both agree that it would be good for us to keep our distance while he sobers up. the guys and i have been talking a lot, apparently brandon has been locked up in the studio the whole week barely eating and drinking too many red bull's, he even started to smoke. it's the first time i have been in the office since the whole jonah thing, and today i have a meeting with the guys to tell them they have officially been signed to harris independence records. it will be the first time i will see brandon.

"pretty much is here to see you" i heard over the intercom. "thank you send them in" i replied and im came the five guys. they all looked clean cut until my eyes landed on brandon. we wore ragged black sweatpants and an over sized sweater. his hair wasn't  done which was very unlike him and his facial hair unshaved. he piled chains, rings, and earrings disguising what he really looked like. "uh hi!" i said after i realized that i was staring at them. "hey b" nick said and the rest said hi but brandon sat lifeless in his chair. "well, i have some bad news for you guys" i started and they all looked at me worried. "what you cheated on your next boyfriend?" brandon mumbled loud enough for me to hear. the others mouthed sorry and i nodded on holding back my tears. "simon has retracted his contract with you" i said and they all looked at each other. "but harris independence records would like to sign you guys" i said and all their faces lightened up. austin ran around the desk and hugged me. "we would also like to sign you guys as solo artists as well to give you creative freedom" i smiled and they all cheered accept brandon.

"ok sign here here and here." i said as i placed the papers in front of the guys to make it official. the four boys eagerly signed the papers but brandon took extra time to read his. "so this contract it's not going to cheat me out of anything right?" brandon asked knowing exactly why he was doing with his words. "no" i replied and he went back to analyzing it. "and it won't stab me in the back once i'm happy?" brandon said once again and i put on a fake smile, "no." "and lastly-" brandon started but was cut off by edwin " man cut it out." "i ain't signing this shit" brandon said and threw the paper onto the table. "b" nick sighed. "i'll give you guys a minute." i said excusing myself from the conference room.

brandon's pov:
"im not signing it" i crossed my arms and sunk back into the chair. "why b this is all that we have wanted!" zion said to me. "i don't want to be around her!" i screamed and all the guys look at me except zion he avoided eye contact. "if you don't want to b, we won't but we don't have a record label" edwin said and everyone nodded. i thought about it i didn't want to be the reason we broke up and flopped. "fine i'll sign" i sighed and smiled appeared on their faces.

brooklyn's pov:
"welcome to harris independence records" i said excited to the guys. "come on let me show you guys a special studio i have for prettymuch" i said waving them out of the room. we went to the seventh floor and took a few turns until we stood in front of a door labeled, "prettymuch studio". we walked in and all the guys admired its features. all their album covers covered the walls and the controls stretch from wall to wall, even brandon showed emotion towards the room. "i designed it for you guys i hope you like it" i said and smiled towards them. edwin pulled me into a big hug, "we love you b!"