chapter 30

i feel like these past five days all i have been doing is saying "welcome to harris independence records....."

"welcome to harris independence records ella mai"

"welcome to harris independence records lil mosey"

"welcome to harris independence records lizzo"

"welcome to harris independence records clario"

"welcome to harris independence records jhene aiko"

"welcome to harris independence records SZA"

"welcome to harris independence records juice wrld"

"welcome to harris independence records alec benjamin"

"welcome to harris independence records bazzi"

"welcome to harris independence records ruel"

"welcome to harris independence records madison beer"

to say the least i was exhausted, in the past five days we signed eleven new artists not including myself. i wanted to be really hands on with the whole process so ive been meeting up with each artist once to twice a week to help keep them on track because most of them are new and inexperienced. this past week i havent seen my friends that much including brandon which kinda sucks, but we are working on having prettymuch signed.

"mrs. harris you have a visitor" mollie spoke into the intercom. "who is it?" i asked her, i was extremely stressed today because some upcoming projects for a few artists and i didnt have any time to see anyone. "simon cowell" she responded which took me by shock. "send him in" i replied. soon after simon opened my door and sat down in front of my desk. "wow brookie" was all he said smiling at me. "oh this old thing" i said sarcastically. "im very proud of you" he told me, "well i can tell you busy so ill make this quick, i just wanted to congratulate you and all your hard work." "thank you, i couldn't have done it without your helpful hints" i replied "while your here actually there is something i want to discuss" i paused and leaned back in my chair and he looked at me intently. "i want to sign pretty much to harris independence records" "you know they are signed to me right?" simon responded in a duh tone. "yes, i want them" i replied not budging. "brookie you cant just take them" simon responded and laughed. "i know, i know they have a contract to you for two more years, but im thinking with a little negotiation, we can fix that."

after a long conversation simon wasn't budging about releasing pretty much from their contracts, he said they were too valuable to let go of, which is exactly why i wanted them. to be perfectly honest simon doesn't give his clients enough freedom to release music and that needs to change considering how much good music they have piled up on their computers. "ill pay" i bluntly said and this caught his attention. i chewed on the back of my pen, "how much?" simon asked. "how much do you want?" i replied. he sat there and thought about it for a second, "half a million." he stated.