chapter thirteen

- Em -

I looked at Michael who was writing some shit down about history that I could care less about, honestly. I just zone out at school yet somehow get my work done.

"So Michael.." I said, getting his attention. "You know what Luke said before?" Michael nodded slowly, not knowing where this conversation was going.

"You said I'm perfect. I'm not, you do realize that?" I said, he was about to speak but I cut him off. "Oh especially the 'why can't be be mine?' part. That was my favourite." I chuckled as Michael blushed.

Michael put his books down and looked at me, "Em.. you know that you're really easy to read?" He chuckled. "You say you're happy but I know you're not. You always keep your emotions bottled up. I want to be the reason that you're happy."

I looked at him shocked, "Michael I-" I was about to start but he cut me off. 

"No, Em. I like you. It's as simple as that and I want to be the reason why you're smiling. Even if you need time or you don't like me that way.. yet. I'll wait for you because honestly I don't want anyone else."

I was speechless- no one has ever cared or felt that way about me before and it was taking me a long time to process. I didn't reply for a while which resulted in Michael frowning a little.

"I probably made a huge idiot of myself. You don't like me at all in that way do you? I'm so fucking stupid." He said, tugging at his hair, clearly frustrated and embarrassed. He got up to leave but I stopped him by tugging his arm back.

I shook my head, frowning. "No, don't leave." I whispered. "It's just no one has ever said anything like that to me before or even cared about me the way you do. It's just kind of overwhelming and I need time to process this."

Michael nodded, sitting back down on my bed. "So.." He said awkwardly. I looked away from him, finding this whole conversation just plain awkward. He was obviously waiting for me to say that I liked him back- or at least hoped I would.

"I like you. A lot." I stated, making him smile. "I just don't trust easily. Don't get me wrong, I do trust you a lot it's just that.. I've been bullied for years and let down constantly, it's just hard to trust someone when you're in a relationship." as I said this Michael's smile faded.

Michael cleared his throat awkwardly, "I think it's best if I leave." I nodded, not saying a word as he left my room with his bookbag.

I layed back down on my bed sighing. I didn't know whether I regret my decision of not giving Michael a proper answer but I knew that I had to soon.

i really suck at updating and im really sorry for that. i have major writers block and i just got inspired by this chapter bc i was reading these really cute poems.

u gUYS omg these girls at my school had a bitch fight and a guy that used to be at my school recorded it and put it on facebook and now it's literally evERYWHERE. it's gotten like over 1k likes and comments and shit the fight was pretty fucking funny if you asked me.