chapter fifteen

- Em - 

"Michael we need to talk." I said, walking up to the table with all of our friends. This was pretty much our table and if anyone sat at it.. they're a goner.

Michael didn't even bother looking up at me as he said, "Yeah I'd rather not." Which made Calum and Luke say "Oooh." and I resulted in flipping them off.

I dragged Michael out of his seat and took him into the janitors closet. Don't judge me, that was the only quiet space that we had. 

"Janitor closet sex huh?" Michael suggested, wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head. No way in hell will I ever have sex in a janitors closet.

"Shut up. Why have you been ignoring me?" I snapped at him. 

Michael sighed, reaching for the door knob. "I really don't have time for this." I blocked the door, stopping him from getting out.

"No Michael. Why?" I said, desperate for answers. I know I rejected him but I didn't say that I didn't have feelings for him.. I did. It just takes a while for me to fully trust people.

"It was pretty fucking embarrassing for me to pour my heart out to a girl that I really like to just get rejected. Do you know how long it took me to build up the courage to say that? It took me fucking weeks!" He snapped.

I was kind of shocked by his outburst. I didn't think that I had hurt him that much. "Michael. I'm sorry! It takes me a pretty long time to trust someone. I have.. I have anxiety, I'm depressed, I cut, I have no fucking self esteem!" I admitted to him.

"Are you happy now? You wanted me to open up to you." I snapped. I saw Michael's face soften once I said those words.

"I-I'm sorry." Michael stuttered. "You always seem so happy though.." 

I rolled my eyes, "People can hide a lot of things with a smile Michael. You need to learn that." 

"Do you hate me?" Michael squeaked, breaking the awkward silence. I shook my head.

"I like you.. Michael." I said, looking up at him. 

"I like you too Em. If we both like each other then why can't we be together?" Michael begged, taking my hand in his.

"Wow, Mikey.. Little desperate there?" I said, giggling. Maybe it won't be so bad if Michael and I were together. He's sweet and kind. He wouldn't hurt me.

'He's nothing like Alex.'' I said to myself.

"Okay." I smiled, intertwining our fingers. 

"Okay what?" Michael asked, clearly oblivious as to what I was trying to say.

"I'll be your girlfriend."

We both decided to sneak out of school because we both didn't really give a shit about it today. The rest of the day we hid in Michael's room while we played video games and listened to pretty cool music.

AWKWARD ENDING HUH

I LIKE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC SO YEAH. i mean.. who doesnt tho?

tbh idk if i even like this anymore but if you guys do then i'll continue.

btw i have a new fanfic called youtube !!! you should go check it out, its an ashton fanfic. ((( that self promo tho )))

okay byeee loves.