Weary

"Seems like Jin knows what he's doing," I said out loud after I had a quick flashback.

"What's that Hyung?" Namjoon asked.

I look at Namjoon and Tae, "My memories are slowly slipping in as you guys told the story..."

"Really! Then do you want to hear the rest of the findings for now?" Tae got excited.

My head suddenly feels heavy. I massage my nape with the tip of my fingers trying to ease the throbbing pain. "Hyung, you okay?" Both of them got worried.

"I guess it's the after-effect of memory relapse. My head feels heavy," I try to lie down on the bed but before I could, Tae cuddles me and let me rest on his lap.

He caressed me. "True, you need to take it slow. Hyung." Namjoon pats my head and smiles brightly. He made me feel secure like a child. Namjoon leaves the room, carefully closing the door. Tae takes a pillow and rests his head facing me. As if we are cuddling.

I look him in the eyes "Tae, I don't know about you... but Jin's presence felt real to me ever since this morning. Are you sure he is not there?"

Tae looking up as if he's thinking. He smiles. "If you feel his presence, Hyung. I'm sure he is really there. Y'know, sometimes I feel jealous that you can see him. It kinda feels empty without any one of us," Tae arrange his words nicely.

It soothes me.

"I miss him every day. If I can see him at least one more time... I'm gonna hug him tight, say that I love him so much and thanked him a lot for being our beloved eldest brother." Tae eyes become teary.

I realised that my cheeks are already wet with my own tears.

"I miss him too, Tae. I think I should go and meet the investigator tomorrow. We should find him soon. He must've gotten tired of waiting," I look at the ceiling.

Tae let out a small laugh. "Yeah, Jin Hyung will complain a lot that we took a year-long to find him,"

We both laugh the night away.

*

*

The next morning.

I wake up early, and Taehyung is still cuddling me like I'm sort of a bolster to him. Slowly I free myself from his arms without waking him.

I still remember all that happened yesterday. I am still the person I am yesterday, which is the person I always am... I hope...

I take my towel and head for the bathroom to wash up. I walk past Jin's bed and it's messy.

There's a figure curled up into a ball at the corner of Jin's bed.

"Jin Hyung?"

"Go away!!! Don't hurt me, please!" He screams in distress. His body is trembling profusely.

"It's okay...I'm not gonna hurt you...It's me Yoongi.." I approach him carefully.

"Yoongi?... Yoongi help... I'm scared... they hit me," Jin's trembling hands hold onto my shirt desperately.

"It's okay now, I'm here. You're gonna be okay Hyung," I pull him into a hug. I caress his head and found blood.

He's bleeding!

"Taehyung-ah!!! Come! Jin is hurt! Call the ambulance!!"

Taehyung comes running.

"What's wrong Hyung?!" His eyes are wandering around me. As if he can't see Jin.

"It's Jin! His head is bleeding... we need to get him to the hospital!"

Tae blink his eyes a few times "He is...? Who hurt him? Where's the bad guy?!"

Tae seems to pretend and look around the room for the culprit.

"I didn't see them..." I said to his response.

I turn and in my arms... It's just Jin's stuffed teddy bear. Jin was never there...

Again...

"You did get to see the bad guy's face right, Hyung?" Taehyung said as if urging me to know the one who did this.

"No Tae, I didn't see anyone,...are those people more important than Jin?" I said clarifying his attitude.

"No Hyung! It's just I'm worried if anyone else is in the house," Tae become flustered and sat next to me.

"—but it was not real, right?! I only see Jin but why did you pretend it was real?" I got up and asked in confusion.