[15] Too Late To Not Be Suspicious

I was in a deep sleep when I was awoken by a large crash oustide. I was holding Colby since he had gone to bed after editing and I just slept in his room for the night.

I then heard a large crash outside of the house. I jolt awake and my heart starts racing. I look at the time and it reads "2:46 AM" I then turn to Colby and shake him.

"Colby, Colby!" I whisper yell as I shake him. He groans as I try to wake him up. "Colby wake up!" I shake him and he groans. "What Y/N?" He says and he sits up. "I think someone's outside-" I was cut off by the sound of glass breaking downstairs.

Colby stiffens up. "Y/N stay here." He says and he turns on his lamp he goes to his closet and then he comes out of his closet with a baseball bat. "Colby? What no! I'm coming with you." I say and I get up I grab my shirt and slip it on. Colby pulls up his sweat pants and he shakes his head. "Y/N stay here. Call the cops. I don't know who's up but I'll check." He whispers.

We hear a ping and I knew it was from Colby's phone. He walks over to it. "It's from Sam." I walk over to Colby and Sam had texted in a group chat.

Sam: Is anyone downstairs? Who is making the loud noises?

Aaron: It might be Colby

Colby/Me: It's not me Y/N and I were woken up by it.

Jake: Is someone really in our house?

Sam: It could be Corey and Devyn.

Aaron: No they're gone. Corey texted me he'd be gone.

Corey: Can you guys stop blowing up my phone?! What's going on.

Colby/Me: Corey are you actually gone? There might be someone here. Be honest because otherwise I'm calling the cops.

Corey: Dude Devyn and I are actually not home. Call the cops.

Sam: Kat and I are going to your room Colby.

Then Colby hands me the phone. "Call the cops." He whispers to me. We hear footsteps downstairs. Then Colby's door opens and Sam and Kat quietly scurry in while I dial 9-1-1.

"Hello? Yes there might be a break in at in the house-" I tell the address as well as the situation. I also make sure to state how many people live here.

"Police are on their way right now." The operator informed. Sam and Kat looked terrified. We heard multiple footsteps up the stairs.

"Turn off the lights, turn off the lights." Sam whispered in a hurry and Colby quickly turned off his lamp when my eyes adjusted to the dark Colby had moved to his door. He leaned up against the wall so if someone were to walk in he'd be able to swing a bat right at them.

We all began to hear distant sirens. Then multiple pairs of footsteps began to bound down the stairs. Colby then opens his door and leaves the room. "Colby!" I whisper/yell and I chase after him. Colby bolts down the stairs and I see Aaron and Jake leave Aaron's room. We all run down the stairs and by the time we get down there Colby is out the front door chasing them with a bat. I hear a 'clunk' and a scream, followed by another 'clunk' and the sound of someone falling. I run outside and two guys have fallen on the ground. Two cop cars stop in the middle of the street.

They get out of their cars and pull out their weapons. "Everyone down on the ground!" They yell and there was 6 of us. I get on the ground and hold my arms up, the rest of the guys do the same as I do.

Once the cops get in they walk over to me. "Ma'am whats going on here?" They allow me to stand up. "Those two guys on their bellies right there broke into our house. My boyfriend Colby, who had the baseball bat hit them I'm assuming."

I point to Colby, Aaron, and Jake saying they were my roomates. I also explained I had two more roomates still in the house.

The two men were arrested and they had knives on them. I hugged Colby as the robbers were being put into the cop cars. "Dammit Colby don't ever do that again!" I hug him tightly, his bare chest pressed against my face.

"Y/N they wouldn't have been caught if I hadn't done what I did." He explains as he hugs me tightly.

"Colby they had fucking knives on them! You could have really gotten hurt." I look at him with worry. "But look! I'm here and those guys have been caught." He says and I let go of him as an officer approaches us.

"We found a few items the men stole including money and expensive jewelry, do you mind if we keep it for evidence? We will give it back after their sentences in court." The tall officer asks.

Colby and I nod our heads and we thank the officers. After they had left we turn on our house lights. "Bro they hopped our gate." Jake says and we all groan.

"Damn they smashed into Sam's car. He's not gonna be happy." Colby points at Sam's car and I look. The drivers window was broken and they had gotten in that way.

We walk back into the house and turn on the lights. We go into the kitchen and there was broken glass on the floor, our countertop drawers had been drawn out all the way, and the cabinets were opened. "Jeez.." Aaron said as he looked around.

"I'll clean this up in the morning. Can we just all go back to bed?" I say as I go and lock the front door, I also check and make sure the back door was still locked. Which it was.

Everyone agreed and we all went upstairs. Kat and Sam had gone back to their room and Colby and I shut the door behind us as soon as we entered his room.

"Colby you really scare me sometimes." I sigh as I sit down on his bed. Colby crawls on the bed and lays down. "Don't worry I do scary stuff all the time." He grins and I roll my eyes.

I lay down next to him and I place my head on his chest. Colby wraps his arm around me protectively.

"Goodnight Y/N." Colby kisses the top of my head. "Goodnight Colby." I whisper and I close my eyes.

______________________