[18] Harsh Reality

I sat in my room uploading the footage to Colby's computer for him. Once I finished I hobbled to his room. I knocked on his door and I heard him say "Come in."

I opened it and I handed his laptop to him. "Hey I was just looking for that footage to edit. You're sneaky, thank you." He smiles and pecks me on the cheek.

"You're welcome." I smile and sit on his bed. "I could have come down to your room you know." He said as he sat down at his desk. "It's really no trouble Colby." I smile and he just rolls his eyes at me and chuckles "Okay whateverrr." He says and a thought pops up in my head.

"Hey Colby, can I talk to you about something?" I ask and he turns to look at me. He gets up and shuts the door then he sits back down. "What's up babe?" He asks looking at me curiously.

I sigh and avoid eye contact with him. "It's about Shea.." I say and I shamefully look back at him.

Colby leans back in his chair and exhales. "Y/N I know I'm sorry she was pretty clingy but she's always been like that. Don't even be worried about her okay?" He smiles and I shake my head. "No Colby you don't understand. She said some things to me and-" I was cut off by a groan from Colby.

"Y/N I'm serious when I say don't worry about her okay?" He says sternly. I take a large inhale and smile sarcastically. "Yeah, you're right Colby." I tried to be as fake as possible. I wanted him to know I was mad. I stood up and walked out of there. It pained my ankle but I was too frustraited to care. "Y/N wait." I heard Colby call out but when I exited his room I shut his door and then walked down the stairs.

I saw Kat downstairs she was with Sam. "Hey Y/N I don't think you should be walking on that." She says from the living room, motioning to my ankle.

I groan "Yeah I know." I say as I keep walking to the backyard. I hear shuffling and then I hear Kat say "Wait Y/N are you okay?" At this point I had tears welled up in my eyes. I turn around and Kat looks at me concerned.

"Sam Y/N are gonna hang out for a bit!" Kat says and he yells out an "Okay."

"Stay here for a second." Kat says and she jogs to the kitchen. She comes back with two tubs of icecream and spoons. "Your room?" She asks and I nod.

[An hour later]

"I can't believe he would even do that to you." Kat shakes her head in disappointment. "I know! I even let him speak to me after what he did to Brennen." I groan and I shove a spoonful of my favorite icecream in my mouth.

"Did you get it on camera? You didn't ever stop recording right?" Kat asks as she eats some of her icecream.

"That's the thing I didn't stop recording but I don't know if the audio picked it up." I sigh as I place the spoon into the half eaten tub of icecream.

"Well Sam had bought a new mic for it so it better have. What a bitch she is." Kat says speaking about Shea. Kat's phone then goes off "Oh shoot, Y/N I'm so sorry I gotta go. I hope this works out." She says apologetically. She smiles sadly and leaves.

I sigh and lay down on my bed. I grab my phone and decide to scroll through social media for awhile. 'Why would he stick by Shea's side like that? He didn't even give me a chance to talk about it.'

I was startled by a knock at my bedroom door. I sit up and get off of my bed. I sneak to a window and I peer through it, seeing Colby standing there I quietly groan.

"Y/N can I PLEASE talk to you?" Colby says and I walk to the door and open it, I stepped out of my room. I then shut my door and folded my arms as I leaned against the door.

"Y/N I am so sorry.. I just watched that footage back and-" I shake my head and cut him off. "You know what Colby, it really sucks you would do that. You remember when I let you talk it out with me after you hit Brennen? I thought you'd give me a chance, but instead you just trusted her huh?" I said, my throat tightening up. I wanted to cry so bad but I was trying to be strong.

"Y/N, I just.. I'm so sorry.. I- I just I didn't know she'd do that." I scoff "Obviously." I say as I look away, tears begin to fall from my eyes and roll down my cheeks.

"Y/N please don't cry.." Colby says softly as he reaches for my face. I shake my head and avoid his touch. "Colby.. I think it's better if we take a break." I say and as I looked at Colby I could see his heart drop.

"Don't listen to Shea, I won't let her hurt you." Colby pleads and I shake my head. "Colby as a boyfriend I trusted you to listen to me when I was in distress and for you to hear me out as I heard you out. Last time you physically hurt Brennen and now you've emotionally hurt me." I say and bite my lip, holding back a sob.

"No, Y/N please I am so sorry." Colby begs and I shake my head. "I'm sorry too Colby." My voice cracks a bit as I cry more, I then walk back into my room, I shut and lock my door.

"Y/N please!" I hear Colby bang on my door. I sit on my bed and place my head in my hands, I let out my sobs as it feels like my heart was breaking into a million pieces.

'What have I done?'

_______________________

Hopefully you enjoyed (You probably didn't because ya know the previous chapter) and if you did lemme know by leaving a vote, comment, or even both!

Sincerely- Brin